All of my Modo Drum kits are gone

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: All of my Modo Drum kits are gone

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:40 pm

mikebr8on wrote:
Musical.Alchemy wrote:Has IK come up with a fix for this problem ??

I haven't heard from IK support in over a week. I've followed the instructions to a T. I've just double-checked the FAQ. There is nothing new there. Mackbook Air M1, Big Sur.

You can reply to the last email your received if you haven't heard back and haven't had your issue resolved.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mikebr8on » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:49 pm

My guess is they don't know how to fix it. We've tried multiple things. But I may email them again. The gentleman above, though, should be aware that this may not be a simple upgrade process. I've devoted a good deal of time to it. The installer clearly does not function for everyone. I'm content to wait until they provide a different installer.
mikebr8on

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:00 am

This is the exception, not the rule. On many M1 Macs for example (including mine and multiple test M1 machines) it worked as expected. And on thousands of other installations. There are just some who have an issue and almost all of those were solved with the FAQ so I am sorry you are having troubles but I don't think it should in any way stop people from using MODO DRUM 1.5.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:07 pm

mikebr8on wrote:My guess is they don't know how to fix it.

I agree. I'll wait for the update, it's pointless trying to fix something that tech support can't figure out.

That said they are suggesting to read the FAQ. Can someone explain what solution the FAQ is providing ? All I'm getting out of this is if you have 1.1.3 your files are (here), and if you have 1.5 your files are (here). What exactly am I supposed to do with this information ? Is it as simple as changing the location of where it is pointing ?

MODO is pointing to C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM, yet my files are still in C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM.
If I point MODO to C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM will this solve the problem ?

Though I think the prudent thing is to wait the the inevitable 1.5.1 fix.

If you do not see your sounds, make sure MODO DRUM is pointed to the correct location with your sound content installed to it. Use the Settings menu (COG WHEEL in the upper right) inside MODO DRUM to set your Sound Content Path.

If you're not sure where your sound content is installed to, check any custom paths you might have set, then check the default paths below.

Below are the two default locations for MODO DRUM sound content for version 1.5.

MAC: Users -> Shared -> IK Multimedia -> MODO DRUM
PC: C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM

Below are the two default locations for MODO DRUM sound content for version 1.1.3 and earlier.

MAC: Application Support -> IK Multimedia -> MODO DRUM
PC: C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM

*Below is a further explanation on the sound content changes from v1.1.3 to v1.5.

MODO DRUM version 1.1.3 or earlier:

This version uses 3 .pak files containing all of their content. This includes the original MODO DRUM models (Excluding the new Silver, Brit Custom, and Metal). These files are named "ModoDrumData_000.pak", "ModoDrumData_001.pak", and "ModoDrumData_002.pak". These are installed with the MODO DRUM application installer (Pre version 1.5). Users do not need to re-download their original sound content upon upgrading.

MODO DRUM 1.5:

This version will have slightly different files for the same content. This is because the different kit Models These files will contain the drum kit name followed by a .pak file extension (Ex. "MODO DRUM Black Oyster.pak") and these are not included with the MODO DRUM application installer. These files are installed on their own via the IK Product Manager. The application installer will only include the Studio kit and an important file "MODO DRUM Common Elements.pak".
Musical.Alchemy

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:35 pm

Please note that there are multiple moderators on this forum. However, I agree that this thread has run its course.

There are a very small number of users who had an issue where their kits were not available after upgrade. I understand it is frustrating when you are the exception rather than the rule and things aren't working smoothly, so let's not let that frustration get the best of us. The FAQ posted in this thread helped with most, and if not the FAQ and this thread state that IK Support should be contacted.

I've been told that people who have had to contact support directly about this have had their issues resolved.

This is nothing that hasn't already been stated in this thread and moderators have not allowed it to spin out of control, have people warning people not to install something that works for literally 99.9% of the people using MODO DRUM 1.5, disparaging IK support/devs, or "rage quitting" etc but I see the thread has indeed run its course beyond where people can remain civil and follow the rules of the forum.

Therefore, this has been locked but if you have this issue or similar, note that the FAQ linked above will likely solve your issue and if not please kindly reach out to IK Support for direct and official technical assistance. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS