All of my Modo Drum kits are gone

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: All of my Modo Drum kits are gone

Postby mrcammo » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:37 am

Another one here... V1.5 upgrade hosed my install and now I have no sounds at all.

I went to settings in MODO Drum, repointed the "Sound Content Folder" to the V1.1.3 folder, which has the APKs like ModoDrum.pak, ModoDrumData_000.pak, ModoDrumData_001.pak, etc and the sounds for my V1 MODO Drums still don't work.

If I click on any of the V1 sounds I get:
This drum model has not been downloaded. Please download it in the IK Product Manager.

All of those drums show as installed in Product Manager.

I thought it could be a Windows permission error, so I copied that folder to an external drive and repointed again to that instead. Closing and opening Modo Drum after any changes and still won't pick them up.

Yes, I've referred to:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1429
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1428

I'll probably uninstall and downgrade back to 1.1.3 instead and leave this until the bugs are worked out.. :(
mrcammo

Postby biggtime » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:06 am

mrcammo wrote:Another one here... V1.5 upgrade hosed my install and now I have no sounds at all.

I went to settings in MODO Drum, repointed the "Sound Content Folder" to the V1.1.3 folder, which has the APKs like ModoDrum.pak, ModoDrumData_000.pak, ModoDrumData_001.pak, etc and the sounds for my V1 MODO Drums still don't work.

If I click on any of the V1 sounds I get:
This drum model has not been downloaded. Please download it in the IK Product Manager.

All of those drums show as installed in Product Manager.

I thought it could be a Windows permission error, so I copied that folder to an external drive and repointed again to that instead. Closing and opening Modo Drum after any changes and still won't pick them up.

Yes, I've referred to:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1429
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1428

I'll probably uninstall and downgrade back to 1.1.3 instead and leave this until the bugs are worked out.. :(

Yep, that's exactly the problem I had. Glad to know I'm not the only one a least. Back to v. 1.1.3 for me too.
biggtime

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:13 pm

Those FAQs will point you to the IK Support team if they do not resolve your issue, I would suggest that anybody still having issues contact IK Support and they will surely resolve your issue directly. Thank you.

If you don't report your issue there is nothing to get "worked out" because the FAQ is the resolution for almost all who have a similar issue and most MODO DRUM 1.5 users do not experience this issue so it is crucial to report any issue you have that the FAQs do not resolve. Unfortunately issues do not magically resolve themselves unless they are reported.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mrcammo » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:59 am

Peter_IK wrote:Those FAQs will point you to the IK Support team if they do not resolve your issue, I would suggest that anybody still having issues contact IK Support and they will surely resolve your issue directly. Thank you.

If you don't report your issue there is nothing to get "worked out" because the FAQ is the resolution for almost all who have a similar issue and most MODO DRUM 1.5 users do not experience this issue so it is crucial to report any issue you have that the FAQs do not resolve. Unfortunately issues do not magically resolve themselves unless they are reported.

Hi Peter,
I got a response back from support. In my ticket I pasted what I'd written here almost word for word, which explained what I'd done, including the links to the two support articles, and that I'd already followed them and even a link to this thread, to point out there are other cases of it so there's an issue with the installer/plugin.

They pasted back the exact same details from one of the support articles, which I'd said I'd already done when I opened the ticket and finished with "We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If you still have any question, interests, or concerns, please reply to this email and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible. Please make sure to reply to this email and do not open another support ticket."

:|
mrcammo

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:14 am

Yes, that last part is the key. If they did not resolve your issue, please reply back to the ticket and they will continue to work with you to resolve your issue.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mikebr8on » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:31 am

Note that for 1.1.3 users, this is shown as an 'upgrade' in Product Manager... and there may be some aspects of it that are upgraded (check the release notes)... and you CAN run the upgrade even if you didn't pay for the new kits in 1.5... but if you didn't pay for the upgrade, you don't get the new kits. They are shown as locked... So it may be hard to understand, at least at first, what has actually been upgraded. And in my particular case, I spent a good deal of time trying to troubleshoot the missing pak files, etc, so I finally just decided to revert back to 1.1.3.
mikebr8on

Postby mrcammo » Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:03 am

mikebr8on wrote:Note that for 1.1.3 users, this is shown as an 'upgrade' in Product Manager... and there may be some aspects of it that are upgraded (check the release notes)... and you CAN run the upgrade even if you didn't pay for the new kits in 1.5... but if you didn't pay for the upgrade, you don't get the new kits. They are shown as locked... So it may be hard to understand, at least at first, what has actually been upgraded. And in my particular case, I spent a good deal of time trying to troubleshoot the missing pak files, etc, so I finally just decided to revert back to 1.1.3.

I had known the new kits weren't included, although I can imagine it causing some confusion for people for sure. I knew they wouldn't work, so I never worried about troubleshooting them, but I expected everything existing to just keep working as it should. I'm dreading opening up the other IK apps I upgraded at the same time now :lol:

Lesson learnt, leave any upgrades for many months until there's less bugs...
mrcammo

Postby biggtime » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:02 pm

Quick update, for those interested. Support were really helpful by email.
Basically, the problem was that when installing earlier versions of Modo Drum, I had always customised locations during the install options (due to minimal space on my C: drive) so that a number of the files were on my bigger hard drive, not just the .pak sound content files.
This was fine for previous upgrades, but not fine when upgrading to 1.5.
So... I uninstalled completely. Reinstalled v.1.1.3 but only customised the sound content location and let everything else be default. I then upgraded to v.1.5, again letting everything go to default. In the process this moved the .pak files back from my E: drive to my C: drive.
Loaded it up, and hey presto, it now worked.
I then manually moved the .pak files (but nothing else) back to my E: drive, and the next time I loaded Modo Drum instructed it in settings to find sound content in the location on my E: drive. I then opened a kit, and it all still worked. Problem solved.
Not sure whether that will help anyone else, but just in case...
biggtime

Postby mikebr8on » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:24 pm

^^^
Which OS?

I tried this on a Macbook Air M1 Big Sur and didn't get the same result.
I'm waiting on a new version of the installer to try again, presuming they're working on a fix.
mikebr8on

Postby biggtime » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:45 pm

Sorry, this was Win 10
biggtime

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:52 pm

mikebr8on wrote:
Which OS?
I tried this on a Macbook Air M1 Big Sur and didn't get the same result.
I'm waiting on a new version of the installer to try again, presuming they're working on a fix.

You should report your issue to IK Support instead of waiting for a fix. They might not be aware of what is happening specifically in your case and even some issues that might appear to be global issues turn out to not be so. Anyway, best to report to IK Support if you have not already done so. They'll guide you to the right solution be it specific to you or an upcoming global fix of something.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mikebr8on » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:08 pm

I've reported it and it's been several days now. We've tried a few things and nothing has worked, so I believe they're working on the problem, though they haven't told me explicitly so. (That would be helpful.) What has worked is to just erase MODO DRUM entirely and install the previous version. Then live with it, love it, and wait it out.
mikebr8on

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:46 pm

Has IK come up with a fix for this problem ??
Musical.Alchemy

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:58 pm

Musical.Alchemy wrote:Has IK come up with a fix for this problem ??

Please see the FAQ. That would be any fix necessary for anybody having the issue. If the FAQ doesn't resolve your issue, then it is something else that IK Support would need to assist you directly with.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mikebr8on » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:35 pm

Musical.Alchemy wrote:Has IK come up with a fix for this problem ??

I haven't heard from IK support in over a week. I've followed the instructions to a T. I've just double-checked the FAQ. There is nothing new there. Mackbook Air M1, Big Sur.
mikebr8on

PreviousNext

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS