All of my Modo Drum kits are gone

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: All of my Modo Drum kits are gone

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:41 am

The FAQ linked above will help with any question related to this topic. If that FAQ does not resolve your issue, you should contact IK Support. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby arwang » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:40 am

Yes, after upgrade to 1.5 my kit become 'sound' and only allow to downloads in 90days. Please fix it. It is not originally what we buy, we abke to download any time no need to re-pay money to download.
arwang

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:14 am

arwang wrote:Yes, after upgrade to 1.5 my kit become 'sound' and only allow to downloads in 90days. Please fix it. It is not originally what we buy, we abke to download any time no need to re-pay money to download.

You don't need to re-download, you don't need to use the "Sounds" tab at all, nor do you need to pay any money to reactivate downloads if you've purchased MODO DRUM 1.5. This should be covered in the FAQs. Please review those and you should be all set.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby biggtime » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:28 pm

SyntherMD wrote:Hi Everyone, I seemed to have solved the problem?

If all of your PAK files are in the same directory such as this

ModoDrum
ModoDrumConfig
ModoDrumFactoryContent
ModoDrumDataXXX

you need to separate the DATA XXX files and copy FactoryContent into a different directory. I set the sounds directory to that and it suddenly works. If you do this while Modo Drum is already loaded, close and reload Modo Drum.

Hi. Thanks for this. I tried this, but still don't seem to have had any luck. Perhaps I did it wrong? I created a new directory, put the factory content pak into that and then directed Modo Drum to the new directory. But it still can't seem to find my kits. Should I also put the data pak files in too?
biggtime

Postby biggtime » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:36 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
arwang wrote:Yes, after upgrade to 1.5 my kit become 'sound' and only allow to downloads in 90days. Please fix it. It is not originally what we buy, we abke to download any time no need to re-pay money to download.

You don't need to re-download, you don't need to use the "Sounds" tab at all, nor do you need to pay any money to reactivate downloads if you've purchased MODO DRUM 1.5. This should be covered in the FAQs. Please review those and you should be all set.

On a PC, should the .pak data files be in this folder:
PC: C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM

I.e. should all content be in this folder? Or does this folder just direct the programme to where to find the content (if it is somewhere else)?
biggtime

Postby biggtime » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:11 pm

And is all of this doesn't work, is there any way to undo the 'update' and go back to the older version until the way of resolving these issues becomes clearer?
biggtime

Postby DarkStar » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:19 pm

I would not recommends moving any files around.

Technical Support is the way to go to resolve any issues, including undoing the update.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby arwang » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:06 am

After upgrading to 1.5, the program said cannot find files, so I click sound.

What we can do if already click sound?
arwang

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:51 pm

arwang wrote:After upgrading to 1.5, the program said cannot find files, so I click sound.

What we can do if already click sound?

If this FAQ https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1429 does not help, you'd need to contact IK Support and they will assist you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby stuart.fryett » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:16 pm

biggtime wrote:And is all of this doesn't work, is there any way to undo the 'update' and go back to the older version until the way of resolving these issues becomes clearer?

Hi,

I had installed to a custom location which I'm wondering may be causing the issue? I used this method to downgrade (Win10) - note I haven't had this from any official IK support so you may want to raise a ticket for your specific issue.

* Unauthorise Modo Drum in the IK Product Manager
* Uninstall 1.5 (using Windows Add / Remove Programs)
* If you don't have it, download the 1.1.3 zip from https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/ (find Modo Drum and click Past Releases)
* Unzip and reinstall 1.1.3 using the "Install MODO DRUM (Ver. 1.1.3).exe"
* Authorise Modo Drum in the IK Product Manager

Kind regards,
Stu
stuart.fryett

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:52 pm

Custom locations are covered in the FAQ I linked above which will resolve this issue for almost every person having it.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby biggtime » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:18 pm

At the moment, everything I've tried has failed. Is there somewhere I can download version 1.1.3 from so I can re-install that for now? It seems I didn't keep a back-up of Modo Drum (typically!).
biggtime

Postby Ultimate Performer » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:45 am

biggtime wrote:At the moment, everything I've tried has failed. Is there somewhere I can download version 1.1.3 from so I can re-install that for now? It seems I didn't keep a back-up of Modo Drum (typically!).

There is a post a couple above yours with instructions/link to the User Area etc.

In your account under My Products > Software > MODO DRUM > Past Releases..are all the versions...v1.1.3 download size is 6.4GB/Windows..7.5GB/macOS...

If you install v1.1.3 over v1.5 you will see presets for the 3 new kits.They are by name under "Natural"...you can audition them using the Grooves and adjust in the Mixer , but you will not see the actual kits on screen or be able to edit them.
Chaser @ alesisDRUMMER
Ultimate Performer

Postby nutrapuppy » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:17 am

I installed Modo Drum on a newly built machine, and it does appear that I need to download all of the files for all the kits individually now. I do not see any other way to do a big file download like I did before. Please advise if this is not the case.

It is odd that I did not see any warning about the big change when I installed it. I had to discover the issue by loading a project to mix and a lot of sounds were missing.

Um. WHY was it done this way exactly?
nutrapuppy

Postby biggtime » Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:03 pm

Ultimate Performer wrote:
biggtime wrote:At the moment, everything I've tried has failed. Is there somewhere I can download version 1.1.3 from so I can re-install that for now? It seems I didn't keep a back-up of Modo Drum (typically!).

There is a post a couple above yours with instructions/link to the User Area etc.

In your account under My Products > Software > MODO DRUM > Past Releases..are all the versions...v1.1.3 download size is 6.4GB/Windows..7.5GB/macOS...

If you install v1.1.3 over v1.5 you will see presets for the 3 new kits.They are by name under "Natural"...you can audition them using the Grooves and adjust in the Mixer , but you will not see the actual kits on screen or be able to edit them.

Great. Thank you! I couldn't work out where to find it.

I don't have the new additional kits, so that's no problem. It's just that when I updated to version 1.5 it lost all the kits! And it refuses to see the .pak files for the original Modo kits even when I direct it to them. So I just want to start again with a version that works and then try again at some later point.
biggtime

PreviousNext

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS