All of my Modo Drum kits are gone

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

All of my Modo Drum kits are gone

Postby knelt » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:07 pm

I just downloaded and installed the Modo Drum 1.5 update. I own the full program, and now it insists that I need to by all the old kits again, or pay 10 buck to buy a "Re-download pass". I have re-autorized the program twice.
knelt

Re: All of my Modo Drum kits are gone

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:43 pm

Pre-MODO DRUM 1.5, all sounds were compiled into 3 pak files and installed with the Application installer. These were the files you'd find if you looked in the location where you set MODO DRUM to look for your content. If you had these .pak files from a previous version, these would not be erased. Make sure your paths are set correctly, and contact support if you have any content issues. This is why you don't need to 'redownload' the sounds. They appear in IK Product Manager just for future use. Post-MODO DRUM 1.5, the Application installer will only include the Studio Kit. Hence, the new IK PM tiles for the MODO DRUM sounds to let CS users expand.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby scopey » Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:12 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Pre-MODO DRUM 1.5, all sounds were compiled into 3 pak files and installed with the Application installer. These were the files you'd find if you looked in the location where you set MODO DRUM to look for your content. If you had these .pak files from a previous version, these would not be erased. Make sure your paths are set correctly, and contact support if you have any content issues. This is why you don't need to 'redownload' the sounds. They appear in IK Product Manager just for future use. Post-MODO DRUM 1.5, the Application installer will only include the Studio Kit. Hence, the new IK PM tiles for the MODO DRUM sounds to let CS users expand.

The three .pak files from my old MODO version total about 11GB, and the new individually downloadable kits - the same kits as the old version - total about twice that. What gives?
scopey

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:08 pm

scopey wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Pre-MODO DRUM 1.5, all sounds were compiled into 3 pak files and installed with the Application installer. These were the files you'd find if you looked in the location where you set MODO DRUM to look for your content. If you had these .pak files from a previous version, these would not be erased. Make sure your paths are set correctly, and contact support if you have any content issues. This is why you don't need to 'redownload' the sounds. They appear in IK Product Manager just for future use. Post-MODO DRUM 1.5, the Application installer will only include the Studio Kit. Hence, the new IK PM tiles for the MODO DRUM sounds to let CS users expand.

The three .pak files from my old MODO version total about 11GB, and the new individually downloadable kits - the same kits as the old version - total about twice that. What gives?

I do not know, I don't create those but I'd assume it has to do with having to download the cymbals that might be common across multiple kits when you are only downloading one, for example. IK Support could probably give you more insight if you need it.

However, the point here is that nobody upgrading or buying new needs to download anything from the Sounds tab at this time. Since there is now a CS version, though, individual kits are there for those a la carte purchases.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby biggtime » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:13 pm

I've got a similar problem. The .pak files are there on my hard drive still, and in the Product Manager all the original kits show as being present, but when I open the newly downloaded version 1.5 it says I need to download the kits I already own. So I go to Product Manager and it says those kits are already installed. What do I need to do to get the new version of Modo Drum to 'see' them? Or have I misunderstood entirely and 1.5 is a paid upgrade to get it working? Very confused. I have Total Studio 3.5 so assumed it was a free upgrade and all my original kits would still be there without me having to re-download them.
biggtime

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:20 pm

You don't have to redownload anything. There is a FAQ entry about this: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1429
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby biggtime » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:26 pm

Thanks Peter. But Modo is pointed at the right folder for the content it just seems unable to see it. To be clear - I've just downloaded version 1.5 as it was available in Product Manager. I didn't pay anything extra. Product Manager sounds section still says all my original kits are installed. But Modo Drum can't see them, even though in settings it is pointed to the right folder, and when I look at the folder in Explorer I can see the original .pak files too.
Also, just tried opening Modo Drum freestanding version and that wouldn't open, saying it couldn't find the basic content and that I needed to reinstall Modo Drum. Is it just that something odd has happened with the installation?
biggtime

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:33 pm

biggtime wrote:Thanks Peter. But Modo is pointed at the right folder for the content it just seems unable to see it. To be clear - I've just downloaded version 1.5 as it was available in Product Manager. I didn't pay anything extra. Product Manager sounds section still says all my original kits are installed. But Modo Drum can't see them, even though in settings it is pointed to the right folder, and when I look at the folder in Explorer I can see the original .pak files too.
Also, just tried opening Modo Drum freestanding version and that wouldn't open, saying it couldn't find the basic content and that I needed to reinstall Modo Drum. Is it just that something odd has happened with the installation?

Seems that might be something odd in your particular situation. If the FAQ didn't help, you'll need to confer with IK Support and I'm sure they can assist you and get everything sorted out.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby biggtime » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:37 pm

Thanks. Will do. Just to check though, as it isn't clear to me - is version 1.5 a free upgrade for users of version 1.0 in which you can continue to use your existing content but would pay for new additional kits? Or have I misunderstood, and version 1.5 is a paid upgrade (I haven't paid anything) and you can only access it at all if you have paid extra?
biggtime

Postby biggtime » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:50 pm

Okay, sorry to be a pain. Finally got it working but had to move content from the folder it used to be in back on to my (very small) C: drive to get the new version to see it. And the problem is that I don't really want the content on my already straining solid state C drive. In the old version the content was on my main hard drive (slower but larger). Can I 'tell' Modo to find the content elsewhere somehow, or do I have to use the default folder regardless and put all content in it?
biggtime

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:50 pm

biggtime wrote:Thanks. Will do. Just to check though, as it isn't clear to me - is version 1.5 a free upgrade for users of version 1.0 in which you can continue to use your existing content but would pay for new additional kits? Or have I misunderstood, and version 1.5 is a paid upgrade (I haven't paid anything) and you can only access it at all if you have paid extra?

Correct, you can update to 1.5 for free but the three new kits are available for purchase. MODO DRUM 1 folks can upgrade to get all three kits for 79.99 on the IK site.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:51 pm

biggtime wrote:Okay, sorry to be a pain. Finally got it working but had to move content from the folder it used to be in back on to my (very small) C: drive to get the new version to see it. And the problem is that I don't really want the content on my already straining solid state C drive. In the old version the content was on my main hard drive (slower but larger). Can I 'tell' Modo to find the content elsewhere somehow, or do I have to use the default folder regardless and put all content in it?

Not sure about that but you should be able to move it, I would recommend letting the support folks walk you through a proper solution there though.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SyntherMD » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:26 pm

I can confirm that Modo Drum 1.5 isn't reading my original PAK files as well. I tried moving them to the default directory but to no avail.
SyntherMD

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:26 pm

SyntherMD wrote:I can confirm that Modo Drum 1.5 isn't reading my original PAK files as well. I tried moving them to the default directory but to no avail.

If the FAQ above didn't resolve your issue, please open a ticket with IK Support and they will happily assist you. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SyntherMD » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:07 pm

Hi Everyone, I seemed to have solved the problem?

If all of your PAK files are in the same directory such as this

ModoDrum
ModoDrumConfig
ModoDrumFactoryContent
ModoDrumDataXXX

you need to separate the DATA XXX files and copy FactoryContent into a different directory. I set the sounds directory to that and it suddenly works. If you do this while Modo Drum is already loaded, close and reload Modo Drum.
SyntherMD

Next

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS