Can't get Modo Drum 1.5 to authorize the new kits

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Can't get Modo Drum 1.5 to authorize the new kits

Postby manfex » Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:59 pm

Hi,

I can't get the new kits to authorize on Modo Drum 1.5, I downloaded and installed the update, re-authorized Modo Drum from IK Product Manager, restored my purchases in both Custom Shop and Modo Drum, but the new kits still have a lock on them even after restarting everything. Any tips?
manfex

Re: Can't get Modo Drum 1.5 to authorize the new kits

Postby manfex » Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:17 pm

Lol just noticed this update wasn’t free, no way I’m going to pay 100€ for only three kits when I paid less for 10
manfex

Postby EchoLXIX1 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:07 pm

So, I can buy the full version for cheaper than the 3 new kits?
EchoLXIX1

Postby arqdelfino » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:12 pm

how strange it does not enable the update option only crossgrade !!! priced at $199, fix this please!!! nowhere does it say that an upgrade of points is paid... it's ok that they want to add new models but clarify things.... I have to buy each model separately paying $150, clarify things....
arqdelfino

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:18 pm

Have you checked the news on IK's main page? It isn't 100, and there is an offer for current MODO DRUM users:

Owners of MODO DRUM 1.0 and other qualifying IK products can log into their IK user account and add MODO DRUM 1.5 to cart to see the special crossgrade and upgrade pricing available to them, starting as low as $/€79.99 for the full version.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby arqdelfino » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:25 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Have you checked the news on IK's main page? It isn't 100, and there is an offer for current MODO DRUM users:

Owners of MODO DRUM 1.0 and other qualifying IK products can log into their IK user account and add MODO DRUM 1.5 to cart to see the special crossgrade and upgrade pricing available to them, starting as low as $/€79.99 for the full version.

I do not have that way of acquiring it enabled, only $199 and I am the owner of MODo Drum full
arqdelfino

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:27 pm

arqdelfino wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Have you checked the news on IK's main page? It isn't 100, and there is an offer for current MODO DRUM users:

I do not have that way of acquiring it enabled, only $199 and I am the owner of MODo Drum full

Are you logged in with the account that has MODO DRUM registered? Did you put MODO DRUM 1.5 in your cart? You will see the pricing there based on what you have. If none of this helps, IK Support can assist you as they will have access to your full account to check it all out. Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:36 pm

Try again - when you see MODO Drum 1.5 for 199.99, click [Buy Now] then change the Version to the Upgrade (rather than Crossgrade). NB: It will still be 79.99 for the 3 new kits.

This page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/eligibilitycheck/?a=modo-drum-15&s=MD-DR15-DDU-IN confirms your eligibility.

If that does not work, please contact Sales/Account Support, via here. You will be able to search the FAQs first, but if they do not resolve your issue, there is a red button link to the Support form. Sales Support can look at your Account and see what's going on.

Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

Administrators and Moderators here cannot access your Account.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby arqdelfino » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:12 pm

Thanks I already sent a ticket
arqdelfino

Postby manfex » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:19 pm

my bad, it’s not 100€, it’s 99.19€ when you take the 79.99€ and add 24% VAT on top of it
manfex

Postby DarkStar » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:27 pm

VAT is down to your Government, not IK Multimedia.

And I reckon that you can use JamPoints, if you have any, on the purchase.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:51 pm

Right, we are required to charge the appropriate tax by law. We cannot avoid nor assist in avoiding legal taxes as much as we would love for our customers to not have to pay them!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby manfex » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:58 pm

Keeping the same dollar and euro prices is already shady since the euro is more valuable, the prices could easily be changed to something like 79€/$89 like some other companies do

Also wouldn’t it be fair for each customer to pay the same? I don’t care how different governments tax them, the prices for the end users should be the same in my opinion. I pay 99 euros for the same thing that an american pays 71 euros
manfex

Postby twilson74 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:07 pm

I am not understanding this release. So I see the announcement for MODO 1.5 and read through it with the impression that it's a free upgrade to MODO 1 users. So I pull up IKPM and do the upgrade. Open MODO 1.5 and in the info panel it says that my copy is 1.5-- but when I click on the three new kits they are locked.

Just for the hell of it I went back to the IK website and tried to put the upgrade in my cart just to see what I would have had to pay if I WANTED to pay for those extra kits that are included in 1.5 ( and since I have "1.5", they should be included, right?) But the website wouldn't allow me to even select the "upgrade" option and put it in my cart.
twilson74

Postby manfex » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:23 pm

Is it so that you can't even hide the kits you don't own like on other ik products? Where can I download version 1.1.3 I want to downgrade
manfex

Next

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS