MODO Bass drop tuning

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO Bass drop tuning

Postby n2mpujack » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:08 pm

Just installed MODO Bass and am trying out the 'drop' tuning for the low pitched string. Except there's no way to play the A and A# notes when 'drop' is enabled. The keyboard at the bottom of the gui shows the last playable note a B and if I try to play the A and A# with the cursor on the guitar gui there's no sound. What am I missing? Latest revision of MODO bass - I'm sure someone has run into this.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Re: MODO Bass drop tuning

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:22 pm

Is it a particular model? I found that when I have 5 string and drop enabled, some models revert to 4 string when I change from model to model. But I can still set them back to 5 string and drop and they work fine after.

Since that is not likely to be a problem, perhaps there's something mapped in the Control section creating a conflicting keyswitch in the range of the drop? That's the only thing I can think of at the moment that might cause this for you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby n2mpujack » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:08 am

Peter_IK wrote:Is it a particular model? I found that when I have 5 string and drop enabled, some models revert to 4 string when I change from model to model. But I can still set them back to 5 string and drop and they work fine after.

Since that is not likely to be a problem, perhaps there's something mapped in the Control section creating a conflicting keyswitch in the range of the drop? That's the only thing I can think of at the moment that might cause this for you.

Turns out it WAS caused by conflicts in the Control section that were there by default when the instrument was installed. Should have been caught when the drop tuning functionality was added. There were two functions that had to be either re-assigned or turned off to enable being able to play those two notes.

I ran into this when using models that were 5 and 6 string to begin with.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:31 am

Sent in with a link to the thread. Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby n2mpujack » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:07 am

Peter_IK wrote:Sent in with a link to the thread. Thanks!

Sounds good.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:49 pm

n2mpujack wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Sent in with a link to the thread. Thanks!

Sounds good.

It certainly does when you can play all the notes ;) :lol:
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:52 pm

^^^
And in the right order. :) See Morecambe & Wise / Andre Previn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMPEUcVyJsc
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)