Open string setting in MODO Bass

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Open string setting in MODO Bass

Postby nick_op » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:04 pm

Hello everyone!

I've been using MODO Bass for a few weeks and love pretty much everything about it so far. One thing I haven't been able to figure out, however, if whether it's possible to either automate the Open Strings setting somehow; or whether it's possible to force a fretted note even when Open Strings is on.

With the former, I couldn't find it in the Controls tab and it didn't seem to be available in the list of automatable controls in Reaper. With the latter, the plugin seems to use the open strings at every possible opportunity, even when I've used the Force String keyswitches. The only solution I can think of at the moment is to have the parts involving open strings on a separate track, but that's a really cumbersome solution.

I did check the manual and for other posts in the forum for this question, but may have missed something. If anyone has a more elegant solution than multiple tracks for a single bassline, I'd be glad to hear it.
nick_op

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS