MODO DRUMS -> RolandTD15 -> MIDI -> catch (choke) a cymbal

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO DRUMS -> RolandTD15 -> MIDI -> catch (choke) a cymbal

Postby MiKuDK » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:46 pm

Hi there at IK Miltimedia.

I bought Modo Drums yesterday and I'm quite happy with the sound.

I use a Roland TD15 KV edrum kit and here it comes:
The problem with choking (catching) cymbal is still present.
My Roland kit sends aftertouch data when I choke a cymbal. That should be an easy thing to implement into the Modo Drum -MAPPING- section, but no further development at IK Multimedia detected.
Nor is there the possibility to hit a crash cymbal on the edge or bow, that's all the same.
Ride cymbals, ok, edge and bell. No bow.

Still no rim sound for toms.

Nothing new in the "Official MODO DRUM Wish List!" thread.
Is MODO Drum going to die? Do you let it die?

Regards,
Micha
MiKuDK

Re: MODO DRUMS -> RolandTD15 -> MIDI -> catch (choke) a cymb

Postby eaglepass » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:05 am

Good question.....

I am feeling the same way.
eaglepass

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:13 am

MODO DRUM is still very much alive. However, if you are having issues with it you must report them to IK Support for direct assistance so they can address any issue you are having. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MiKuDK » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:15 am

Thank you very much, I just opened up a support ticket.

Everybody else should do, to tell that it's not only me asking for it ;)

Have a nice day :)
MiKuDK

Postby eaglepass » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:13 pm

Hi Peter,

Thank you for responding to this thread and it is great to hear that MODO drum is still very much alive!

I think the frustration is that what the OP is asking for are really things that MODO drum can not do at this time and have been requested for quite some time.

I myself asked for the same back in January 2020…

-dual zone cymbals ( edge and bow samples )

-The ability to map polyphonic aftertouch midi events as sent by my Roland V-drum brain when a cymbal is choked to The midi note events MODO drum uses for choking cymbals.

Just so I understand are you suggesting we should reach out to IK support regarding these feature requests? Please confirm.

I really like MODO drum but wish that it could be better used with my Roland VDrums. Here’s hoping for MODO drum 1.5 in the near future!!

Regards,

Eaglepass
eaglepass

Postby MiKuDK » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:05 am

Dear Peter,

I contacted the support and received no message yet, neither a confirmation or support ticket number.
What support location should I contact for further messages?
IK France? United States and Canada? United Kingdom and Ireland? Italy? Germany, Austria, Switzerland? Asia (except China)? China? Latinoamerica? Brazil? Italy? (again? seems unfair), All other countries?
What's the difference? Can't be about language, I guess.
How can I follow the status of my support message, if there's no ticket ID or what so ever?
Is there a page where MODO Drum users could find information about ongoing development efforts?
You know what I mean, that's not a straight forward support. Everything stays in the dark.
Users start asking -> ask the support -> did I ask the right support (country) -> shall I ask by using this link https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw/ by choosing Help Topic: Other and then click "Need help with a different issue? ... SOFTWARE" and then fill out all the form fields?
Many roads lead to Rome and even more lead to chaos. I wonder where this road leads the user to.
Is it a general support problem and not only MODO Drum related?
Support questions getting lost on your multiple choice support sites without any lead to follow after hitting "submit"?

So before I'm going to write my next support message, could you please help, Peter?
What road shall follow?

Offer a website link, please.

Kind regards

Edit:
Tried it again and used the link I posted some lines above. Received an email with a ticket ID. Not yet sure if I filled in the form right to get answers, but surely a step further than with my last attempt.
MiKuDK

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:35 pm

If you choose software on the main support link in my signature or use the one above in your message, or you use the support menu on the IK web site, you will get to the support team and your request will be routed appropriately for a software request.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS