MODO Drum OH Sends are only PRE-fader?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO Drum OH Sends are only PRE-fader?

Postby celoranta@gmail.com » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:48 am

I've looked through the posts for answers to my question, and I've seen the behaviour verified... but not the design intent explained.

The OH (and room) sends are exclusively pre-fader. That is, turning down the snare volume does not affect the amount of snare present in the OH and ROOM mixes... the send dials control this exclusively.

Now... that does indeed mimic a miced-up drum set... but it is a bit frustrating for me. If the snare sounds amazing but is too loud I need to bring down the snare fader and the OH send in equal measure to retain the tone but attenuate the volume.

Would it be possible to add a pre/post button on each send?

Chris
celoranta@gmail.com

Re: MODO Drum OH Sends are only PRE-fader?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:00 pm

If you have a feature request, please add it to the official and stickied wish list thread for MODO Drum. For "design intent" the developers are not reading each forum post, so I'd suggest contacting IK Support to see if they might have any insight into your question in that regard.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS