No Automation on MODO BASS 1.5.2???

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

No Automation on MODO BASS 1.5.2???

Postby gorerichardday » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi All,
I just installed the update and now I can't create automation envelopes, and it does not recognize automation envelopes for existing projects. I use Sonar Professional as my DAW. When I go to create a new envelope for muting, slides etc, the only option is Bypass. WTF! Help!!! I'm dead in the water for year-end projects...
Many thanks,
Richard
gorerichardday

Re: No Automation on 1.5.2???

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:03 pm

Hmm,
Indeed MODO Bass 1.5.2 does not have any plug-in automation parameters here. I do not know about v1.5.1 or earlier.

For your projects, can you go back to the previous version? Go to your User Area / My Products, and under MODO Bass, click [Past releases]. Download v1.5.1. Uninstall v1.5.2 and reinstall v1.5.1.

Disclaimer: I have not done this myself, so make back-ups of any presets etc. I do not think that it will upset the IK Product Manager.

Also, contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: No Automation on MODO BASS 1.5.2???

Postby gorerichardday » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:07 pm

Many thanks for responding, DarkStar. I've thought of trying the uninstall/rollback thing, but I'm a little leery of it because I have so many projects at this point and I'm afraid it'll mess them all up somehow. Like, if I end up having to redo all the automation for 5 albums worth of stuff, I may as well slit my wrists, or take up basketweaving or something... Not to mention losing a ton of presets. We'll see what response I get from Tech Support.

Thanks again and happy holidays!
gorerichardday

Postby timeworx » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:58 pm

Hey there -

I'm also a long time Sonar Producer and MODO bass user but I have not updated to 1.5.2 yet (and may not, based on this thread).

One thing to try... if you save your project as MIDI1, the automation you wrote in the track should be available to you when you reopen the project in the event viewer. This may be a way to save your prior automation from earlier projects. I must assume that MODO 1.5.2 still responds to events manually programmed into wheel and cc events.

Haven't verified this, but I can confirm that projects saved as MIDI1 do contain event list translations of automation-based modifications.

hope this helps and I'll be on the lookout re: 1.5.2
timeworx

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:13 pm

MODO BASS uses MIDI, check out the CONTROL page and note that MIDI should save in the DAW and recall/playback properly in MODO BASS.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS