Text in MODO Drum shows as music notes

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Text in MODO Drum shows as music notes

Postby GregMalick » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:22 am

GregMalick

Re: Text in MODO Drum shows as music notes

Postby dlgebert » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:20 pm

GregMalick wrote:Text in MODO Drum shows as music notes

Is anyone having a problem with MODO Drum after an update of Cubase Pro 10.5 to Cubase Pro 11.0. Please help.

Greg,

I reviewed your screen prints. That is definitely a font display issue, probably from your Cubase upgrade. What you are seeing are Unicode text characters that are actually built in to most fonts, but require special codes in the text to display them. Either Cubase or Windows is returning back the incorrect characters to MODO DRUM when they are displaying text. Here's a quick example of displaying Unicode characters in text. The code box below only accepts plain text only, yet I'm able to display graphical characters.

Code: Select all
[U+2580]  ▀ Upper Half Block.
[U+2581]  ▁ Lower One Eighth Block.
[U+2582]  ▂ Lower One Quarter Block.
[U+2583]  ▃ Lower Three Eighths Block.
[U+2584]  ▄ Lower Half Block.
[U+2585]  ▅ Lower Five Eighths Block.
[U+2586]  ▆ Lower Three Quarters Block.
[U+2587]  ▇ Lower Seven Eighths Block.

[U+0273]  ✰✱✲✳✴✵✶✷✸✹✺✻✼✽   ✾✿
[U+0274]  ❀❁❂❃❄❅❆❇❈❉❊❋❌❍❎❏
[U+0275]  ❐❑❒❓❔❕❖❗❘❙❚❛❜❝   ❞   ❟
[U+0276   ]  ❠❡❢❣❤❥❦   ❧❨   ❩❪   ❫❬   ❭❮   

Considering this started after your Cubase upgrade, can you try running the standalone version of MODO DRUM? If the font is displaying correctly there, then it's due to the Cubase upgrade. I'd open a support ticket with IKM and with Steinberg as well.

BTW, Google doesn't allow direct displaying of images anymore, so using the [IMG] tags doesn't work. You can create easy to read URL links using the following format:

Code: Select all
[url=https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN4lCwA0SfYv44b2oGBC4dcPR0quJlW8_rkFc8pqlQjjMQxeixrQd1qYuHsc_VoXg/photo/AF1QipOYYoe7J7rzDTHdYgokKhG96IMTb0RHmbW_iB70?key=Z1p4czRLeTBncWVOR2UzeXo2RWJuVnpmX3NwZl9n]Example Of Music Notes Showing In MODO DRUM[/url]

Example Of Music Notes Showing In MODO DRUM

Dave
dlgebert

Re: Text in MODO Drum shows as music notes

Postby GregMalick » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:31 pm

Same problem exists in the standalone version.
But I do think the Cubase Pro 11.0 upgrade did something bad.
I opened a support ticket with IKM for this issue.
GregMalick

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS