Freeze when switching between elements

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Freeze when switching between elements

Postby Kabukiman » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:05 am

I'm not sure if other people have this issue, but every time I load MODO Drums either standalone or inside FL Studio, there's a substantial freeze on the outline and animation when I click on a new element. For instance, I'll click on the kick drum, it will freeze for a second, I'll click it a few more times with no freezing, then I'll click on the snare, it will freeze for a second, and I can keep clicking on it with no freeze. So the freezing is only happening when I switch between them. It doesn't seem to be an audio freeze, just an animation issue. Does anyone else have this issue and is there a fix?
Kabukiman

Re: Freeze when switching between elements

Postby Kabukiman » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:21 pm

Here's a timestamp from a video I found showing the exact same awful freezing: https://youtu.be/u0-MglJ2HrU?t=589
Clearly it's an issue with the program itself. How can you justify charging hundreds of dollars for a program that can't even get such a simple feature correct?
Kabukiman

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:35 pm

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into. But I am sure that if that problem were widespread then others would have mentioned it.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garfy » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:54 pm

I guess it might depend on processor/GFX card, drivers etc you've got but I just checked it here and on my rather ageing Mac mini (specs in sig) there is a teeny-tiny lag, much less than a second though.

This is MODO Drum v1.1, the latest version.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Kabukiman » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:17 pm

Is it the same as in the video I time-stamped?
Kabukiman

Postby garfy » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:21 pm

Kabukiman wrote:Is it the same as in the video I time-stamped?

My install is quicker to my eyes but, to be honest, if you hadn't pointed it out I wouldn't have noticed the lag on the video or on my system. As it doesn't interrupt the audio it doesn't bother me.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS