macOS Big Sur statement

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:24 pm

crowmanuk wrote:Thanks Peter - and can you please confirm that the new CS will work with Amplitube 4?

Sorry, I've been informed that the new Custom Shop does not work with AmpliTube 4 so you'd need to use AmpliTube 5 CS/SE/5/MAX.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby vinegarjoe » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:07 pm

Hi Peter_IK

Have been hanging off installing Big Sur as the last time CS would not work in AT4.

Have now installed AT5 and CS, is it ok to do the upgrade now. Will both AT5 and CS work ok in Big Sur

Thanks
vinegarjoe

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:54 pm

Yes, the new Custom Shop replaces the previous and works in Big Sur as does AmpliTube 5.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby vinegarjoe » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:58 pm

Thanks Peter, will do it now.
vinegarjoe

Postby supanorton » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:23 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Yes, the new Custom Shop replaces the previous and works in Big Sur as does AmpliTube 5.

So...Is it safe to update to Big Sur? Do all IK products work?
supanorton

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:25 pm

supanorton wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Yes, the new Custom Shop replaces the previous and works in Big Sur as does AmpliTube 5.

The statement remains, when there is a change the news on our page will be updated. Right now the new Custom Shop and AmpliTube 5 are working though.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby supanorton » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:41 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
supanorton wrote:

The statement remains, when there is a change the news on our page will be updated. Right now the new Custom Shop and AmpliTube 5 are working though.

Thanks for the clarification. I’m in no hurry. More than anything else, I want those notifications to disappear. Can’t wait to dive in to A5 tonight!
supanorton

Postby mario.kurz@gmx.net » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:50 pm

Unfortunately AmpliTube 5 crashes on startup on my MacBook Pro (Intel) running on Big Sur. Re-Installation did not solve the issue...

Quite frustrated at the moment :(
mario.kurz@gmx.net

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:23 pm

mario.kurz@gmx.net wrote:Unfortunately AmpliTube 5 crashes on startup on my MacBook Pro (Intel) running on Big Sur. Re-Installation did not solve the issue...

Quite frustrated at the moment :(

I'm sure IK Support can figure out what is happening in your case and get you up and running with the rest of the folks enjoying AmpliTube 5. Please open a ticket with them for official and direct support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mario.kurz@gmx.net » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:55 pm

SOLVED !!!

Display setting issue... Changed resolution and it worked :D
mario.kurz@gmx.net

Postby JackTxcliffe » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:42 pm

^^^^
Please can you elaborate on this? Thanks!
JackTxcliffe

Postby mario.kurz@gmx.net » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:42 am

^^^
Sure. Changed the setting on my retina display from "standard" to "scaled / more space" and AT5 runs perfectly.
mario.kurz@gmx.net

Postby brendans33 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:55 am

I have an IRig HD and am unable to input signal to Amplitube 4. I have checked that the input device (iRig) is delivering signal to the Mac, but no input is recorded in Amplitube 4. I assume that this is because I have upgraded to OS11
brendans33

Postby anthonykucic » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:28 am

Hi,

I am currently using Big Sur 11.1 and experiencing an error when trying to open the custom shop, The error reads "Error creating SSL context ()".

Is there something I can do to remedy this or is it an incompatibility issue with Big Sur?
anthonykucic

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:13 pm

anthonykucic wrote:Hi,

I am currently using Big Sur 11.1 and experiencing an error when trying to open the custom shop, The error reads "Error creating SSL context ()".

Is there something I can do to remedy this or is it an incompatibility issue with Big Sur?

There is a new Custom Shop released when AmpliTube 5 was. That current version of Custom Shop is compatible with Big Sur.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS