Modo Bass - cutoff like solo synth?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Modo Bass - cutoff like solo synth?

Postby bower.steven » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:48 pm

Hi,
I'm not the greatest keyboard player, so when I use MODO BASS, I often hold onto the last note too long, while I play the new note. Is there a way for MODO BASS to act like a solo synth, where the last note gets cutoff when a new note is played?
bower.steven

Re: Modo Bass - cutoff like solo synth?

Postby bower.steven » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:49 pm

Hi all, does anyone know if this is possible?
bower.steven

Postby dlgebert » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:55 pm

bower.steven wrote:Is there a way for MODO BASS to act like a solo synth, where the last note gets cutoff when a new note is played?

What you are referring to is a monophonic synthesizer that can only play one note at a time... :)

For MODO BASS, this will work for the upper notes, and can be enabled by going into the [Control] tab, which is the last tab on the right. In the [Control] tab, there is a setting called [CHORD MODE]. By default, you can turn it on and off by using, CC-2, or Continuous Controller #2.

I usually change it so I can turn it on and off by pressing a key on my MIDI keyboard. To do that, change the "Type" to [KS] and change the "Latch" setting to [ON]. Latch wi!l allow you to turn Chord Mode on and off without having to keep pressing the MIDI keyboard key down. For "Value", type in the note you want to use to turn Chord Mode on and off, like [D-1].

When Chord Mode is turned on, then you can play all of the bass notes as chords, even the upper notes. When Chord Mode is turned off, then the upper bass notes will be in "monophonic" mode, where they will cut each other off like you mentioned. I can't remember which note this starts with, but the lowest notes are always in Chord Mode.

All of this is in the "MODO_BASS_User_Manual.pdf" that is found in your user area. It starts on page 28, "Chapter 10 – Control".

Dave
dlgebert

Postby bower.steven » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:22 pm

Thanks so much, Dave! Such a shame that it can't be done on the low end. I wonder why they wouldn't implement it for the whole fretboard...
bower.steven

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS