Not able to upgrade from MODO BASS SE?!

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Not able to upgrade from MODO BASS SE?!

Postby mash3391 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:18 am

Hey everyone,

I decided to purchase MODO BASS SE the other day thinking that if I liked the product I could purchase the full $299 product, as the $150 only has 2 bass's and the full has all of them. Considering I was only paying $150 and thinking that there was some sort of upgrade feature available and I could pay the extra $150.

But I got a horrible shock to see that I would need to pay the full $299 to purchase MODO BASS! I mean it doesn't seem right or fair to the consumer that they pay for half the full product (Only getting 2 basses out of the 16+ available) then having to pay full price if they want to get MODO Bass. To now get the full product I would need to spend $299.That would mean I just spent $350EU for a full product only worth $299.That's outrageous.

Please can someone tell me I am wrong in this? I checked crossgrade/upgrade on my account and it shows nothing. Also, I have tried to contact IK Multimedia but they have not responded. If this is the case I will be asking for a refund so I can then get the full product.
mash3391

Re: Not able to upgrade from MODO BASS SE?!

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:23 am

Hello mash3391 and welcome to the forum.

This is primarily a user to user forum and Administrators and Moderators here cannot access your Account, so we cannot give you a definitive answer.

When I am not logged in, the prices are
MODO BASS SE €149.99 excl. VAT
MODO BASS €299.99 excl. VAT

On logging in, they are
MODO BASS SE €149.99 excl. VAT
MODO BASS €199.99 excl. VAT

The last is the crossgrade / upgrade price as I have a Qualifying product (> 99.99) Registered in my Account. But note that with the upgrade the price would be 150+200 = 350.

If you have Registered MODO Bass SE then you should see the upgrade price. Please note that purchasing a product does not automatically Register it to your User Account. Please Reply to your Support Ticket asking for clarification. Response time normally is within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

Whether or not you have Registered the SE product then Sales Support may be able to consider a refund. But I cannot promise that; I do not work for, or represent, iK Multimedia.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Not able to upgrade from MODO BASS SE?!

Postby mash3391 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:30 pm

Hey Dark,

Thanks for the reply man. Helped out heaps! I'll enquire with the team.

Looking at my account under My Products it says my MODO BASS SE was registered on the 17-07-2020. So I don't know why the discounted price isn't showing up. Whenever I selected MODO BASS upgrade even when logged in it says I am not eligible.

I'll wait about a week before I send them another message.

Thanks for replying.
mash3391

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS