MODO Bass D-String out of tune

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO Bass D-String out of tune

Postby rabbitland » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:10 pm

Hi, I'm new to Modo Bass. Sounds really great but the D-String is about +20cent to high. This is the case for every Bass-Model and there is no wrong Pitch Bend data or anything other Controller data - just note playing.

I measured it with a simple guitar tuner… all the other strings are o.k. and you can hear the 20cent in the songs :o

Is there a possibility to tune the strings seperately?

Thanks in Advance
Wolferl
rabbitland

Re: MODO Bass D-String out of tune

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:28 pm

That is not the normal behavior. Have you contacted IK Support for official and direct support? They'd likely be able to identify what is causing this abnormal behavior for you. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rabbitland » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:32 pm

thanks for your fast answer! - funny after restarting of my computer and cubase it seems to be o.k. ...
rabbitland

Postby afriendof » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:18 pm

This just happened to me as well, had to restart my computer!
afriendof

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:46 am

Strange, please report to IK Support so they can get any system information (especially in common between any other reports) and see what might "tickle" this.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rabbitland » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:56 pm

Thanks I will report this. Meanwhile I found the bug, and I guess it is really a bug… :lol:
It works with all strings...

1) Take a guitar tuner or just listen - you should listen it :D
2) Play any tone at one string - e.g. D-String
3) Check the tuning with the guitar tuner - should be o.k.
4) Use Modulation (C1) Controller turn it to max. and stop playing the tone
5) Turn the Modulation down to zero (I doublecheck this with a midi monitor)
6) Check the tuning again - if it is not out of tune, repeat from 2)

I guess the problem is that the plugin unwanted remember the old modulation value after stop playing of the tone. And even if you turn your modulation controller to zero this tone reminds a wrong tuning out of the vibration effect caused by the modulation controller. And this leads to a wrong tuning of one string - even when I turn the controller to zero. To get the right tuning you have to actively play that string again, push your modulation controller high and back to zero. After that you can stop playing the string and it should be again in tune....

I will send it to the developers, hope they read this ...
rabbitland

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:15 pm

rabbitland wrote:I will send it to the developers, hope they read this ...

They won't read it here on the user forum but when you report it to IK Support they will try to replicate it and if they can they will post it to the developers.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lychee » Fri May 22, 2020 9:15 pm

Same bug to me everytime i use the CC1, let's report it.
lychee

Postby rMidi » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:20 pm

I also have this problem.
It is extremely prevalent in the Rickenbacker simulation.
I do not (and have never) utilized CC1.
It is simply flat!
rMidi

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:45 pm

rMidi wrote:I also have this problem.
It is extremely prevalent in the Rickenbacker simulation.
I do not (and have never) utilized CC1.
It is simply flat!

It is still likely a MIDI message somewhere. Please report your issue to IK Support and they will assist you directly as suggested above.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS