MODO BASS in Logic X

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO BASS in Logic X

Postby bcmusic1 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:45 pm

I'm relatively new to this so I apologize in advance if this is simple..

I just installed Modo Bass and the application works fine. I finally found it in Logic settings. Is there any way to control the plugin w/ my guitar or do I need to use my MIDI keyboard for everything?
bcmusic1

Re: MODO BASS in Logic X

Postby DarkStar » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:10 pm

Hello bcmusic1 and welcome to the forum.

Well, if your guitar can (be modified to) send out MIDI notes and CC messages then you could use it to play / control MODO Bass.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby bcmusic1 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:17 pm

It can't I don't believe.. just your standard issue Gibson SG. Regardless, it's a cool plugin. Appreciate the response. I've been playing guitar for a long time, just now starting to learn the production side of things.
bcmusic1

Postby dlgebert » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:18 am

DarkStar wrote:Well, if your guitar can (be modified to) send out MIDI notes and CC messages then you could use it to play / control MODO Bass.

bcmusic1 wrote:It can't I don't believe.. just your standard issue Gibson SG.

If your guitar was equipped for it, you'd know it because the hardware is very specific and very expensive. Roland is one of the main developers of this technology. I had it added to one of my guitars years ago and ended up trading all of it in because it was more trouble than what it was worth. That was about 20 years ago and technology has improved since then.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_synthesizer
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/roland-gr-55-guitar-synthesizer

What sucks is you need the "brain" unit to take the string vibrations and turn that analog sound energy into MIDI data, which is very expensive. And the special GK-3 pickup.

Dave
dlgebert

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS