[RESOLVED] AMD Ryzen for MODO Drum?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

[RESOLVED] AMD Ryzen for MODO Drum?

Postby heathweber » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:59 pm

I recently purchased MODO Drum but was surprised to find that I couldn't install it as my Intel Core i7 870 CPU doesn't support AVX. This was my own fault as I didn't review the system requirements for MODO Drum before purchasing. I figured since MODO Bass is running fine on my system, I'd have no trouble with MODO Drum. Apparently NOT the case!

Anyway, my system is approaching 10 years old at this point, so it's probably time to update it anyway. This gives me the justification to that end. I'm looking at the AMD Ryzen processors for this new system. The system requirements for MODO Drum state Intel i5 or better with AVX support. Would MODO Bass also run without any issue on the AMD Ryzen processors? I'm specifically looking at the Ryzen 5 3600X.

The price point of the AMD processors is certainly more attractive than the high-priced Intel options, and I've built two other systems using third generation Ryzen 5 processors for other people and they seem to run great. I just want to make sure that they are suitable for audio production applications and for running all of my IK software.
heathweber

Re: AMD Ryzen for MODO Drum?

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:02 am

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but please allow a bit more time in the current circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: AMD Ryzen for MODO Drum?

Postby heathweber » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:49 pm

Actually, this post can be disregarded. I just found the FAQ that addresses AVX support, and the AMD Zen 2 CPUs (Ryzen 3000 series) are indicated to be supported, so it looks like I'm good to go!
heathweber

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS