Next version (1.2) of MODO drum?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Next version (1.2) of MODO drum?

Postby brightonbob » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:22 pm

Hi

It's been over 3 months since last update (1.1).... does anyone know:
1) Are the dev team still working on a MODO Drum update?
2) What timescale should we expect an update?
3) Is there a roadmap or any details of likely fixes & features included in 1.2?
4) Any news on 3rd party addons (kits and/or midi etc)?

Thanks
BB
brightonbob

Re: Next version (1.2) of MODO drum?

Postby garfy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:09 am

Hello brightonbob and welcome to the forum.

Historically, IKM don't speculate on future updates - they just tend to arrive unannounced. As the developers generally don't visit this forum, it is unlikely that you will get an answer to this.

However, if there are any widespread issues that multiple users are facing with getting the software to work successfully, these get addressed as soon as they can. Is it something specific that you are having an issue with?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby brightonbob » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:41 am

Hi Garfy

Thanks for the reply.

My main need is to support a larger than normal electronic drum kit based on Roland TD50KV, for example I have two snares, additional toms and cymbals as well as some triggers for percussion instruments. I would like to setup them all as one large kit. I have seen similar requests for a way to achieve this in the Wish list forum.

There are a few other items in the Wish List forum that would also be good to have.

I am new to IKM, but most other manufacturers release a few updates quite quickly after an initial release to fix problems and add new functions. As it had gone quiet on the release front and even the forum seemed quiet I thought I would ask.

As the company is based in northern Italy? and particularly badly hurt by the pandemic I assume that the devs (that are not sick) are all working from home and that development is continuing....but I guess that may not be the case.
brightonbob

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:54 pm

MODO DRUM is absolutely still a priority as it is a pretty new product and yes developers are able to continue working from home. As mentioned above, if you have specific issues those would be addressed and the product will continue to receive updates. Three months isn't a huge amount of time if there aren't major global issues to be fixed and MODO DRUM is fully operational (it is quite a great drum product).

I would suggest adding any feature requests to the official wishlist thread for the product and report any issues to IK Support who also are able to continue to work.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS