Downloads? Authorizations? [Resolved]

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Downloads? Authorizations? [Resolved]

Postby jwhipjr » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:14 pm

Can anyone tell me how many downloads you get when buying Modo Drum? Is it like the multiples you get with Amplitube?
jwhipjr

Re: Downloads?

Postby dlgebert » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:57 pm

jwhipjr wrote:Can anyone tell me how many downloads you get when buying Modo Drum?

Because it's mainly modeling, it's only one larger file. It's in the GB in size because the cymbals are sampled.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby jwhipjr » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:48 pm

Thanks but what I meant I was like Amplitube (whatever version 1,2,3,4) do you get 10 downloads. The initial first one with 9 remaining for future use if you need them.
jwhipjr

Postby dlgebert » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:23 pm

jwhipjr wrote:The initial first one with 9 remaining for future use if you need them.

I can't predict what IKM will do in the future, but so far all of the drum kits are in the one install file.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby DarkStar » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:55 pm

jwhipjr wrote:Thanks but what I meant I was like Amplitube (whatever version 1,2,3,4) do you get 10 downloads. The initial first one with 9 remaining for future use if you need them.

I do not know of any limit to the number of downloads that are allowed. Can you let us know where you saw that described?

Or, do you mean Authorizations, by any chance? f so, then it is 10, but Support may reset that limit if the circumstances are reasonable. Remember that, to comply with the EULA, " the Product shall NOT be used simultaneously on more than one machine,"

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/legal/index.php?R=license-agreement
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jwhipjr » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:15 pm

Thank you Darkstar. Authorizations would fit better. I have other well known drum programs that only give you 2 downloads or authorizations. I’m building a new pc and didn’t want to waste an authorization on my current pc. Thanks again!
jwhipjr

Postby DarkStar » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:33 pm

No need to worry. You'll be good to go.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS