Modo Drum Drumsets

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Modo Drum Drumsets

Postby cick005 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:55 pm

Is there any information about which actual models were used as the base for the kits in Modo Drum?
This is something I would really like to know. Some names we could try to guess from their current names, like the Bubinga kit, but others are a bit mysterious.
If someone is interested, it would also be interesting to speculate on this topic. :))
I.e. Studio seems to be Yamaha Recording Custom. The Rock kit sounds like Sonor to me but I may be completely off. Black Oyster would be Ludwig. Most others I could not even try to guess.
cick005

Re: Modo Drum Drumsets

Postby StevenMikel » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:21 pm

This is something I was wondering about.I'm sure the Studio kit is a Yamaha,I would bet that the Bubinga kit is a DW. The Rock Custom kit could be Gretsch or Ludwig.The description of the Rock Custom kit says it's made in America,Sonor drums are made in Germany.I'm wondering about the Reference kit,is it a Tama or a Pearl ? I think Pearl had/has a kit(s) with Reference in the name.
StevenMikel

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS