Anyone running MODO Drum on 8gb’s RAM?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Anyone running MODO Drum on 8gb’s RAM?

Postby squeakD » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:59 pm

Anyone running MODO Drums with less than 16gb’s RAM. If so, how’s it running for you? My computer is a little older.., i5 with 8gb’s RAM. I see 8 is minimal and 16 suggested. I’m picking up MODO Bass during the sale and thought of buying MODO Drums since it’s on sale too. Didn’t see a demo version of MODO Drum though.

Sqk
squeakD

Re: Anyone running MODO Drum on 8gb’s RAM?

Postby DarkStar » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:06 pm

Also check your disk space (for the non-physically-modelled elements) and processor (support for AVX instructions required).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:56 pm

There isn't a demo at this time, but you should definitely look at the specs and then make absolutely sure your processor is up to the task (AVX instruction support is required) as MODO DRUM will be more processor-intensive than RAM intensive.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dlgebert » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:17 am

squeakD wrote:Anyone running MODO Drums with less than 16gb’s RAM. If so, how’s it running for you?

I "only" have 8GB on my iMac using Studio One 4.6 and it works 100% without a problem. I bounce all of my virtual instruments down to audio when I have the MIDI parts completed.

With that said, I've had both MODO Drums and SampleTank 4 loaded with a Syntronik Deluxe instrument loaded without a problem as well.

I swear it wasn't that long ago when I brought my first Pentium 75mhz PC and it had 8MB of RAM. That's when RAM was running about $300.00 per 8MB... :o

My first PC had 256KB of RAM running DOS 2.2...

My first computer had 32KB of RAM. That was a Tandy Color Computer running Extended Color Basic... :shock:

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:23 am

*waves at the fellow old fogey of computing* :D

I'm sure you feel this way when someone complains about computing power from "back in the 00s" (or 90s even):

I almost felt that way watching "Halt and Catch Fire" on TV. Though that was, to be fair, quite a good representation of what it was like back in the day. I give them a bit of leeway for having to still be entertaining so there were definitely liberties taken but it is really good.

But I digress. MODO DRUM will work well on 8GB RAM and a CPU that supports AVX instructions.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS