MODO Drums multi outs in Logic Pro X

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO Drums multi outs in Logic Pro X

Postby Floodmusic » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:57 pm

Hi, Just purchased MODO drums and am trying to set up the kit as multi outs in Logic. I have looked at the manual but just can't figure it out. Can anyone help?
Regards Trev
Floodmusic

Re: MODO Drums multi outs in Logic Pro X

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:37 pm

I don't use Logic Pro X but that's where you'd create a multi-out instrument track.

Basically, you should add a new track and at that time there should be an option to specify that it will be multi-out and I believe you choose how many outputs at that time. Again, I'm not a Logic Pro X user and I'm not on a Mac right now so I cannot check it directly. You should be able to find more information about instantiating a mutlple output instrument track in Logic Pro X in Logic's manual/help, though.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby garfy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:03 pm

Hello Trev

Peter_IK is correct in pointing out that it needs to be multi-out when instantiated:

1) Create new MIDI track and choose Instrument as AU Instrument>IK Multimedia>MODO Drum>Multi-Output (16xStereo).
2) You'll see a single stereo master channel appear in the Logic mixer for MODO Drum, except that it includes "-" and "+" buttons above the Solo button. Each time you click "+" it opens a new auxiliary channel from the master, which MODO Drum can then output to.
3) EXAMPLE: click "+" twice and you'll get 2 new aux channels with the input showing MODO3-4 and MODO5-6 respectively.
4) Open the MODO Drum GUI and click on the Mixer page. At the bottom of each kit piece channel it shows that they are all routed to the Master (in MODO and therefore Logic).
5) Change the Kick to output to DAW 3-4 and the Snare to DAW 5-6. Play the kit or start up a preset groove and you should now have the kick and snare coming into Logic on the separate channels with everything else still coming into the Master MODO channel.

Hope that clarifies it all.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby petemarriott » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:16 pm

Hey guys, how do you export separate tracks in Logic Pro? I tried several times and the individual tracks for the Kick, Snare, and Hat won't render...
petemarriott

Postby garfy » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:12 pm

petemarriott wrote:Hey guys, how do you export separate tracks in Logic Pro?

Hi petemarriott

There are 2 ways to export individual tracks using Logic, depending on what you want to achieve:

1) Solo the channel in Logic then hit bounce. For example, solo the Kick channel in the LPX mixer and you will get the close mic kick sound from MODO Drums.

2) Solo the channel in MODO Drums then hit bounce in Logic. For example, solo the Kick channel in MODO Drums mixer and you will get the close mic, plus OH and room mics.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS