MODO Bass problems and suggestion

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO Bass problems and suggestion

Postby vanlugh » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:06 pm

When I am using MODO bass I often hear silence instead of played note or glued note which lasts for several beats. I understand that there could be overflow of MIDI notes.
How to solve this whcih is annoying when listening live performances.
Suggestions:
1 - slide notes to be improved.
2 - when same note played in sequence eg A3 A3 A3 A3, we should listen the attack for each
of them and not a continuous sound.
Thanks for your help in this matter
vanlugh

Re: MODO Bass problems and suggestion

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:12 pm

Hi, this is not normal behavior and should be reported to the tech support team at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so they can assist you directly. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dlgebert » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:07 pm

vanlugh wrote:2 - when same note played in sequence eg A3 A3 A3 A3, we should listen the attack for each of them and not a continuous sound.

For clarification, are you using "Let Ride" for what you are describing above? Using "Let Ride" very accurately emulates a sustained string and allowing you to hear the attack when the next string pluck occurs.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby vanlugh » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:14 am

Does let ride means let ring ? then it is on off position
vanlugh

Postby dlgebert » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:46 pm

vanlugh wrote:Does let ride means let ring ? then it is on off position

Sorry, it is "LET RING". Here's from the manual:

LET RING: literally, playing without stopping the strings while playing, leaving the strings to naturally sustain.

By default, you can turn it on and off using controller CC64, traditionally a sustain pedal, but I change it to use a "latched" keyswitch using [C0] on my MIDI keyboard to turn it on and off in the "Control" tab.

Or, you can click on the "LET RING" graphic box to turn it on. Try it and play one of the open strings and see if you like the results.

Dave
dlgebert

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS