Sound cuts out in Cubase 10.5 with multiple outputs Solved

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Sound cuts out in Cubase 10.5 with multiple outputs Solved

Postby dnr » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:01 pm

The Sound goes after a few seconds when I utilise multiple outputs in Modo Drum. It works ok as a single master output setup. [mod edit: unnecessary & please review rules]
Last edited by dnr on Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dnr

Re: Sound cuts out in Cubase 10.5 when using multiple output

Postby dnr » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:16 pm

Well the Modo drum is not working properly for me in Cubase 10.5. I have only just been able to start using it after drag and drop has been fixed. Now I cannot use Modo Drum in my preferred way with multiple outputs.. Obviously I am a bit fed up. A more constructive reply might have helped. I have had Modo Drum for 6 months and have not been able to use it in a way that has been useful to me.
dnr

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:55 pm

I don't know precisely to what you refer as there was no reply from any users to your post. However, if you haven't opened a support ticket yet, I'd suggest you do so at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will be able to assist you with your issue and get you up and running with MODO DRUM.

Users may still chime in but the best way to resolve any issue like this would be through direct technical support (and this forum is not a medium for direct tech support).

I am sorry to hear you are having issues, but I am sure they can be resolved by the team.

Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:56 pm

If you do already have a ticket opened, please review this post of guidelines, specifically the ones about what to do if you have a ticket in progress that you feel isn't resolving your issue: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dnr » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:42 am

Peter_IK wrote:I don't know precisely to what you refer as there was no reply from any users to your post. However, if you haven't opened a support ticket yet, I'd suggest you do so at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will be able to assist you with your issue and get you up and running with MODO DRUM.

Users may still chime in but the best way to resolve any issue like this would be through direct technical support (and this forum is not a medium for direct tech support).

I am sorry to hear you are having issues, but I am sure they can be resolved by the team.

Thanks!

I referred to the edit in my first post from the moderator. I think that I was just fed up that I was having another issue with Modo Drum. The fact is that the drag and drop issue took 5 months to resolve.
dnr

Postby dnr » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:49 am

I usually use two group tracks to handle parallel compression for the drums. Using Modo Drum I use multiple outputs for each set of kit parts that are then sent from the inserts to one group track with a compressor and from the routing at the top of the mixer each part is sent to the other group track without the compressor so I can balance the tracks against each other for the best balance of compression. When I deleted these tow group tracks my average load on the Audio Performance meter halved.

After a little investigation I noticed that on the non compressed group channel I had inserted an instance of Plugins Alliance's Black Box. Now I had made this template for use with BFD3 and just removed BFD3 replacing it with Modo Drum. I had created it ages ago and forgotten I had inserted Black Box. I took Black Box out and everything reverted to normal.

So an apology is due. I do apologise deeply. I must say with some relief, as the whole incident has taken up a lot of my time getting to the bottom of. I guess most of us have been there.

I would say that for those of you who have not applied Parallel Compression this way do try it, as it can produce fantastic results.
dnr

Re: Sound cuts out in Cubase 10.5 with multiple outputs Solv

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:28 pm

Glad to hear you have this resolved! As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS