Modo Drum Drops Many Notes on Export

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Modo Drum Drops Many Notes on Export

Postby 10bd01 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:01 am

Hi Forum & IK,

I have Modo Drum and am running it on Cubase 8.5. It's dropping a large number of notes when exporting the file to audio, is anyone else experiencing this?

I just opened a new file and added a default Modo Drum setup, put about 1 minute of steady quarter notes for the kick drum. It plays fine when I have it open in Cubase but it drops many notes and even sections when exported to audio.

I have not had this issue occur with any of my other VST plugins in Cubase, does anyone have any similar experiences or could anyone let me know how to proceed? I can't export any track with Modo Drum on it because it drops too many notes.

Thanks!
10bd01

Re: Modo Drum Drops Many Notes on Export

Postby DarkStar » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:08 am

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby dlgebert » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:59 pm

10bd01 wrote:is anyone else experiencing this?

I can't export any track with Modo Drum on it because it drops too many notes.

I have run into this issue in the past with the first version of MODO Bass using Cakewalk Sonar and Reaper, and also with other plugins, but that was several years ago. Now I'm on an iMac using Studio One 4.

The one way around this is to bounce your mix in realtime mode, which I imagine Cubase has that ability. You would be bouncing out to your mp3, or whatever file format you bounce out to while the song plays at normal speed.

If there is still an issue, see what support can find out.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby 10bd01 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:06 am

Thank you for your responses. I'm going to contact support first.
10bd01

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS