Tones That Will Rock You - Coming Soon

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Tones That Will Rock You - Coming Soon

Postby bart.childers » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:22 pm

IT'S HERE!

I'm using my official BHM Red Special to try it out. As a HUGE Brian May fan (he inspired me to pickup the guitar) I'm super excited. It looks like everything we could have hoped for!
bart.childers

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:31 pm

bart.childers wrote:IT'S HERE!

I'm using my official BHM Red Special to try it out. As a HUGE Brian May fan (he inspired me to pickup the guitar) I'm super excited. It looks like everything we could have hoped for!

:D

I think you'll be happy. We worked directly with Brian to get these tones nailed, and also did a lot of work with Jamie Humphries who I'll assume you've heard of if you're a huge Brian May fan and have a Red Special :)

Before we had the presets (also thanks to Jamie and Brian there, now) I was able to dial up a great Brian May tone without issue, including using a non-Red Special guitar but the Red Special stomp set with the proper switch settings for the song would just sound WOW.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bart.childers » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:07 am

Wasn’t Jamie Humphries the original guitar player the WE WILL ROCK YOU musical in London?
bart.childers

Postby crysstalized » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:08 am

Are we able to purchase this in the Pick & Mix Group Buy?
crysstalized

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:10 am

bart.childers wrote:Wasn’t Jamie Humphries the original guitar player the WE WILL ROCK YOU musical in London?

Absofreakinglutely was. And he has played with Brian many a time too.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:10 am

crysstalized wrote:Are we able to purchase this in the Pick & Mix Group Buy?

This is not one of the qualifying products in the Pick & Mix Group Buy.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carlaz » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:18 am

But it has to be said that USD 99 seems a pretty reasonable bundle-price for the Brian May collection, considering everything that comes in it. I'm not even a particular May/Queen fan as such, but it looks like there are lots of goodies in here for anyone into classic rock tones.

There's the first and so far only treble-booster unit in Amplitube. There's the updated AC30 model -- which, true to form, seems to be of the authentically "one volume knob" variety :lol: :ugeek: but IMO if nothing else it provides an interesting vintage rock tone to add variety when recording. (I'm not enough a May-geek to know more about the Deacy amp than that "it's a thing", but a wider tonal palette is always fun.) There's the "based on fOXX Foot Phaser", a unit with which I'm not familiar, but I do love me vintage phasers! (I look forward to comparing it with the old "Small Phaser" model!) And I'm interested in comparing the Star Gate with the /Gate.

Particularly intriguing is the "Red Special" stomp, which apparently "helps add the unique tonality and controls" of May's famous Red Special guitar. I definitely find myself wondering how that works. But it's an interesting development, and might offer surprising uses for someone like myself who has only one guitar with which they do all their stuff -- well ... I suppose that's basically May's case as well! :lol: -- but this might be something that helps produce new tonal variations when multi-tracking, etc.

Well, then! I'm downloading the new version of Custom Shop so I can check this stuff out!
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby carlaz » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:31 am

carlaz wrote:I'm very keen to see what we get in a May/Queen bundle: whether it is basically his current unit or whether earlier boost options (Rangemaster, Cornish) are somehow there as well.

Well, having now watched the video on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReNJtBhIMkI) it seems that the Treble Booster pedal has switchable settings for "70's", "80's", and "90's" settings. This seems to essentially replicate a BMG Treble Booster Classic pedal as cab seen here: https://shop.brianmayguitars.co.uk/bmg-accessories/bmg-tb-classic.html

According to the description on that page, the 70’s setting is intended to model the “dynamic, germanium Dallas Rangemaster from the 1970's”; the 80’s setting seems to model “the orange label, silicon BC149 transistor powered booster installed on his pedal board throughout the 80's”, and the 90’s setting would model “an original 1998 Greg Fryer strap booster”.

So this is all very fun and interesting and, though technically all “Brian May signature” stuff, effectively provides a fairly useful palette of treble booster variety — including the original Rangemaster-type, as well as silicon-based versions (as I think the 90’s setting, as well as the 80’s setting, is). It’s worth noting that although the original Rangemasters were germanium-based, the (most common version of) the Hornby Skewes boosters -- used by both Martin Barre and (I think) Richie Blackmore -- were silicon-based, so the new Brian May Treble Booster’s 80’s/90’s settings might turn out to be a practical stand-in for those.
Last edited by carlaz on Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby dlgebert » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:06 am

I was amazed that this was released this quickly. When I saw the videos that were released this afternoon and they said available now, I was skeptical because they just started the teaser video a few days ago and I didn't see anything new posted here. I was really hoping for a Voxx branded collection, but I picked this up since I have every Amplitube item plus I'm a big Queen fan as well.

I like the three amp setup... I see the left and right amps both have the harmonizer, so that should interesting. I've used the rack mount Harmonator in a similar way where you can have three separate voices. It's cool having separate delays and choruses on the left and right amps as well. I can see creating a pretty huge sound with this three amp setup.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby czoli » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:54 am

Wow the harmonizer rocks. IK we need the harmonizer as a separate pedal or product as well. I want to use the harmonizer with lots of other amps. This is soo fun to rock out with. Cool with the Leslie cabs and harmonizer combined for some far out sounds. Wait until Kevin Parker from Tame Impala gets a copy of this.
czoli

Postby rockbandguy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:28 am

How do You get the Brian May collection enabled in AmpliTube on iPad?
I see it on the store collection list, but when I try to select it only the wait cursor appears and nothing happens.
rockbandguy

Postby carlaz » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:34 pm

Ohhh, I should not have bought this -- but I did! :roll: I'm not even a huge Brian May fan (though obviously I own pretty much all the Queen oeuvre anyway), but the man has tone, plus there is just too much interesting gear and clever stuff modeled here.

I have too much work on my plate to probably even mess with the new toys much until next week, and my budget was not prepared for this, but .... It was just too tempting. :mrgreen:
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby dlgebert » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:12 pm

czoli wrote:we need the harmonizer as a separate pedal or product as well. I want to use the harmonizer with lots of other amps.

Did you check in the rack mount section of Amplitube 4? In the Amplitube menu there should be the Harmonator, which is very similar to the Harmonizer.

I'm not sure which version of Amplitube you have so you may not have that...

Dave
dlgebert

Postby dlgebert » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:31 pm

carlaz wrote:Ohhh, I should not have bought this -- but I did! :roll:
I have too much work on my plate to probably even mess with the new toys

I'm in the same boat as well. In the last couple of weeks I got an AXE I/O, MODO Drums, T-RackS Tape Machine Collection, Lurssen Mastering Console (thru the Pick and Mix promotion... the only thing I didn't already have) and now this... :D

I love Queen and Brian May, plus I have all of the Amplitube models, so I need to keep it at 100%. :mrgreen: Same thing with SampleTank and T-Racks...

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:38 pm

The official post is up at viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22078

Let's all go party there! :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling