Grooves all hard quantised?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Grooves all hard quantised?

Postby dnr » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:01 pm

I have just had to import the grooves direct from the Groove folder in C drive as I can't drag and Drop into Cubase 10. The grooves seem to all be quantised and consequently without any real feel. Could somebody explain this to me or tell me I'm wrong. Drummers do not play that exactly, so therefore it does not sound realistic. Did you not get real drummers to play these patterns or were they just programmed? This is a beginners error not to be expected of IK.

I am afraid that I am having buyers remorse about the sheer number of things that are either missing or not done properly.

Also how can we import third party grooves that are not quantised? There seems to be no mechanism to do this as there are no facilities for converting third party drum maps.
dnr

Re: Grooves all hard quantised?

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:50 pm

Hey dnr,

Thanks for your post.

Check your settings in Cubase 10 to make sure you are not quantize the notes or velocities. I just double checked on my end and the grooves have plenty of dynamics and feel to them. Also, it may be good to check what groove you've loaded, some have less dynamics than others (For example, Metal grooves versus say Soul).

In Cubase 10, there are "MIDI Modifiers" which can be used to affect your MIDI grooves even further outside of MODO DRUM. Try these out when you can, I just gave them a shot on my end and I got great results randomizing Velocity, Position and controlling overall dynamics.

Third party grooves can be used inside your DAW or a MIDI interface, unfortunately, these cannot be added at this time.

As mentioned in previous posts, we are looking into drum mapping. Please stay tuned :D
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Grooves all hard quantised?

Postby dnr » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:23 pm

Thank you for your reply. At the moment I can only load the grooves directly from the Grooves folder as Drag & Drop does not work in Cubase so I hope this issue gets sorted quickly.
dnr

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS