Official MODO DRUM Wish List!

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: Official MODO DRUM Wish List!

Postby cdillnerhagen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:57 am

I wish for a much more CPU friendly version of Modo Drums. I work exclusively at 96k and Modo Drum is a CPU hog. My sessions go from 10-15% CPU usage in Pro Tools 2020.5.0 without Modo Drum to 40-50% usage with one instrument track with Modo Drum. Even worse (70-90%) with effects.

Also wish for better dry sounds and more control over each sound. I feel the current dry sounds are mediocre.
cdillnerhagen

Postby ProLevelGuitar » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:22 pm

It would be great if you could expand the snare drum to 8".
I was trying to recreate the snare sound of the Ludwig black beauty 14x8 as this is one of the holy grails of snares and my band's drummer has one.
One of the most recorded snares in history IMO should be obtainable in Modo Drums :)
ProLevelGuitar

Postby Straight2Vinyl » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:37 am

Please add

1. The option to map any drum hit to as many notes/pads as wanted. It can be helpful for serious finger drummers to be able to map things to multiple pads for example, rather than have to awkwardly reach hands from one side to the other.
If this doesn't make sense, just youtube search finger drumming techniques on youtube like Quest For Groove.

Less important:

2. Articulations and rudiments eg. rolls, buzzes etc.

3. A drum sequencer.
Straight2Vinyl

Postby cdillnerhagen » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:08 pm

PhilipMikols wrote:Control over snare side stick and rim click sounds.

MODO GUITAR!!!!!!!!

Agree. Individual control over snare stick and rim would be great. Also wish for more and better sounding dry kicks, snares and hi-hats sounds.

Modo guitar with many different realistic strumming options would be great. Of course it needs to be able to play individual notes and chords and riffs aswell.
cdillnerhagen

Postby dpage4u » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:29 am

I’ve a concern more so than a wish —as it is outside a belief in any tooth fairies.

What concerns me is your lack of an hi hat cymbal foot splash in MODO DRUM. Foot splash functionality is a feature along with all the others the competitors include I view as important to me as a drummer naturally —and an e-drummer equally. Although MODO DRUM fails at some of the basics which drummers expect normally to see (even on a MIDI drum kit).

Cymbal chokes from drum modules go without any saying at all! They are given to the drummers who are buying other VST software products, as they are as well always possible on any of the various acoustic drum kits MODO DRUM supposedly models.

I for one want to see this product done responsibly; even though it just might take a whole team now to do it.

Obviously, you have some enormous potentiality with modeled drums and ostensible cymbals. (I just feel cymbals are next, since others have modeled vibraphone and tubular bell instruments found also in some other software.) PIANOTEQ is another software that has those modeled. (I know; I’ve a copy.)

Since drummers appear very enthusiastic about many of the far reaching possibilities afforded by drum software, very economically IK Multimedia can help them to grasp those better in its own technology one that is undoubtedly superior to another, namely drum sampling.

I’m appreciative truly of all your effort and the outstanding MODO DRUM product I got already from IK Multimedia.

Thank you for all your hard work!
Last edited by dpage4u on Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
dpage4u

Postby dpage4u » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:59 am

Let me know if mallets are possible along with narrow sticks!

Man, I'm still playing jazz.
dpage4u

More Precise Sends & Pans

Postby alsim » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:37 pm

The slider for pans and the circular knob thingies for sends just aren't getting it done for me.

Too hard to use and too imprecise.

I like to key in values. If there's some way to do that, I'd love to know.

But I don't think there is. So please add it!

Overall, a really great product. Really love it.
alsim

Previous

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS