Official MODO DRUM Wish List!

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Drum Mappings

Postby GeldartM » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:05 pm

Would be great in the next release that you could chose the mappings ie midi groves that were written for Toontrack
i have loads of songs that the parts are written for superior drummer. and when i use Modo Drums not all the assignments are the same, would not a big thing from a drop down menu to choose the mapping

Thanks The sounds are great well done
GeldartM

Modo Drum - Wish List

Postby deathrules » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:44 am

May we can collect all wish list :D

As a Superiordrummer 3 User, i use SD3 to write Songs with the Song Creator or using a "real" Drummer to trigger sd3.

In the future i want to use Modo Drum more as soundmodul. But i can´t use it becaues the Midiout Function form SD3 can´t trigger Modo Drum cause of the differnt midi notes.

So my wish is..: flexible Midi Learn Function and mid note change funtion to enter the cc in every part of the Drum.
deathrules

Re: Modo Drum - Wish List

Postby deathrules » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:12 am

Another wish:

Room: More Control for the pre-delay, delay, reverb setting option.
in Amplitube you can move the mic position. May this will also an Option for Modo drum in the Future ?
As a User of T-RackS 5 i also own the CSR VST. Maybe you can integrate that as an alternative to too the fix room.
deathrules

Re: Modo Drum - Wish List

Postby dasoft » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:16 pm

here is my wish list :

- Overheads sending for all cymbal's channels
- samples of cymbals centered by default (to enable to pan them really where we want)
- possibility to choose any type of cymbals for all the cymbal's channels
- possibility to enter pan and volume values with the keyboard of the computer
- taller sliders and control buttons
- possibility to change midi mapping
dasoft

Official MODO DRUM Wish List!

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:02 pm

This will be the official thread for MODO DRUM feature requests. Please post any feature requests here moving forward. All older posts will be compiled here. This will help make sure all posts are laid out in an organized thread keeping your voices is heard :D

Before posting, make sure to check that your idea/request is not posted already.

Remember, issues & questions can be sent to support here. Ticket numbers can be send to myself or Peter IK in PM.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Official MODO DRUM Wish List!

Postby helgetjelta » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:56 pm

- Velocity sensitivity on edit via mouse

Be able to hear different velocity of a drum sound, by clicking on different part of a drum. Top most position is full velocity and lower, and lower as lower you click on the drum icon itself.
helgetjelta

Postby helgetjelta » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:38 pm

Hi, will we get mic positions for the drums?

The sound of a drum is very different from different mic positions. i.e. Hi-hat from straight top down, to a 45 angle and a flat angle... all sounds very different.

Same for tom-toms, snare and kick.

Maybe in v 1.5 ?
helgetjelta

Postby sunking54 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:35 pm

Will it be possible to add new MIDI grooves in the future?
sunking54

Postby dnr » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:02 pm

I have a couple of issues with the Grooves page. I feel that an improvement would be to have folders of grooves together with a wider range of variations. This would also make it easier later on to increase the size of the groove library.
dnr

Postby Katzenberserker » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:12 pm

As IK Multimedia is not a fairy, I'll make more than three wishes. Just put it on the backlog :)

- Turn off the snare wire.
- Tune also the resonance head of the snare
- Controlling the playing position for snare and toms via MIDI CC for both hands independently
- Visual feedback if the playing position is controlled via MIDI CC
- Daw automation in addition to MIDI CC for HiHat aperture and drum playing positions and other parameters (like dampening)

A bigger one, which is probably not possible: playing position of both hands in relation to each other effects sound. Right now the visual representation suggests two dimensions (x- & y-axis). This would allow to play with both hands on opposite sides or the same side.
Katzenberserker

Postby zimmerxyz » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:48 pm

Hii it would be great to draw the midi grooves into cubase 6.5. This doesnt work, as some other user said for cubase 7. And I'd love to edit the grooves Inside mododrums and to trigger the grooves via midi keyboard, but that's certanly too much asking.
zimmerxyz

Postby dlgebert » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:49 pm

Katzenberserker wrote:- Turn off the snare wire.

I agree, that would be a good one. I thought you could do that, but I haven't spent much time with MODO Drum yet. I've done this with another drum plugin and it's kind of cool for certain songs and military type snare rolls where the wire is turned off. The fife and drum come to mind. The George Washington era movies where I've heard that, but I could be way off on that since I'm not a 'real' drummer and maybe those are different kinds of drums that are used.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby kaiyp123 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:25 pm

My wish:
- brush and rods. I think modeling drums will be *all in one* solution for create drum track. Now why I need another sampled drums for brush and rods?
- more snare, kick and cymbals
- toms buzz to snare
- tom rim click

Thanks
kaiyp123

Postby ultimateburns » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:49 pm

1. more snare and toms size options (for me important):
- Snare: 14"x8"
- Tom 1: 10"x9"
- Tom 2: 12"x10"
- Tom 3: 14"x14"
- Floor Tom 1: 16"x16"
- Floor Tom 2: 18"x16"
- options for material thickness

2. better cymbals options:
- thickness: thin, medium, heavy
- finish: briliant, traditional, dark, dry
- more size and sound options
- important for me: ride bell size option (mega bell, small bell)

3. Room
- mono, near and far Rooms

4. Layering and Trigger
- Kick and Snare Trigger

5. Bleeding options

6. Microphone options and positioning

7. Routing
- Kick in, Kick out, Snare top, Snare botton, ect.
ultimateburns

Postby PerryD » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:35 am

Just got this a couple hours ago. Fairly intuitive GUI and great sounds. I would like to have a wider dynamic range. Especially toward the softer dynamic. Really nice with MODO Bass. Perhaps MODO Guitar is next. :)
-Perry-
PerryD

Next

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS