Official MODO DRUM Wish List!

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: Official MODO DRUM Wish List!

Postby supanorton » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:15 pm

Loving working with MODO DRUM. Please add more presets. I like the idea of presets in the styles of famous drummers. I'd also like some rock presets that are more straight forward like Charlie Watts. Great job, IK!
supanorton

Postby Mwie » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:49 am

Please, for the love of music.. enable me to automate the VELOCITY-fader.

I have been a good boy all year and all I want for christmas is being able to automate that fader.. it would be a real game-changer!

*edit*
just in case I need to explain..: Not everyone is using MODO DRUM as an E-Drum-Plugin. I am using it to program drums if I want them to sound "real". It would be nothing short of amazing to be able to automate the VELOCITY-fader, because that fader is a big Part of what seperates a sample from your emulation. AND a huge difference between programming drums and actually playing them is the velocity.. you can "build up" and "fade out" the intensity as a Drum-player.. usually, as a programmer you can only "make louder" and "make quieter".. being able to automate that velocity-fader would close that gap substantially and that's what this e-mulation is all about, isn't it?

Think about it for a minute.. this would be a major thing for everyone who is programming Drums with this plugin. And it's just one Fader.. just give us automation for that one little fader!
Mwie

Postby dakfat » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:30 pm

I would like to be able to import Groovemonkee midi into the MODO Drum groove browser for easy auditioning before I drag them into my drum tracks inside my DAW. Groovemonkee has made all their groove packs available in MODO Drum mapping, all that is missing is groove browser integration.
dakfat

Postby matias.joao@gmail.com » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:54 pm

Hi,

Will Modo Drum have Latin , EDA, Epic and Symphonic Percussion kits?
In the future will it possible to buy more grooves (midi) and gear from the app Like Amplitube 5?

Best regards
Joao
matias.joao@gmail.com

Postby claudiopalma.music » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:58 pm

sunking54 wrote:Will it be possible to add new MIDI grooves in the future?

I use this kind of vst as a composing tool i whish i could import my own or third party MIDI grooves
claudiopalma.music

Postby HansHeim » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:24 pm

MODO Drum is really a great product - thank you.

With the actual release some playing styles can only be achieved by using multiple parallel tracks with a complete MODO Drum VST each.
Thats rather expensive in terms of RAM and CPU (no problem for me, but for standard PCs).
Envelopes would also solve a big part of those features - see below...

Please:
Give me envelopes for editing parameters that are play-style specific (not hardware specific as diameter, depth and so on)
- snare tension
- damper
- tuning
- playing right/left hand on different locations on the respective drums
- velocity (for those who like to modify imported grooves)

As a result this would give more dynamic and easier to edit tracks.

More wishes:
Give me more beaters - not only sticks - on each of the drum types, e.g.:
- felt mallets like used on kettledrums/timpani (see also "swell" on cymbals)
- brushes (telescoping), not only for hit action but also for sheer brushing (https://sampleson.com/brushify-pro-brus ... html#getit, Audio Demo One note samba)
- rutes, rods

Give me swell/rolls for the cymbals
- influenced by modulation wheel, see https://www.loopsdelacreme.com/cymbal-rolls
HansHeim

Postby slimsafe@gmail.com » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:37 am

I sincerely hope that the mododrum will work for Apple m1.
slimsafe@gmail.com

Postby celoranta@gmail.com » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:51 am

MODO Drums VST instrument must remember channel mappings across patch changes and upon launch of host.

I use MODO Drums as a soft synth on stage within Gig Performer.

I can map gig performer to send 8 drum channels to my mixer, but MD forgets it’s own channel assignments. (I use Master and DAW3-8, all are reset to Master on instantiation and patch change.) Makes it hard to use when we always run short of time for setup.
celoranta@gmail.com

Postby celoranta@gmail.com » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:17 am

Correction: Saved kits do remember their mixer routings, but the routings are tied to each saved kit. I would think the routing should be Independant of saved preset.
celoranta@gmail.com

Postby jthornton1 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:57 pm

Support for blasticks.
jthornton1

Re: Official MODO DRUM Wish List! Double kick on one kick dr

Postby supermariologen » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:04 am

it would be great to have double kick pedals on one bass drum so you don’t need to use the 2nd bass drum when playing metal music
supermariologen

Postby jonesler » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:12 pm

I searched for this wish but couldn't find it, I'm sure it's come up previously, but it bares repeating. PLEASE, make it possible to import external midi drum grooves. This program offers so much, but that single feature makes it EXTREMELY limiting.
Otherwise it's awesome.
jonesler

Postby ForsakenRecordingStudios » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:35 pm

We need brushes for MODO Drum and be able to heavily drop tune the Bass for MODO Bass for us extended range players! Please and Thank You
Dealer at Sam Ash Music
Audio Engineer at Forsaken Recording Studios
ForsakenRecordingStudios

Postby kjetilge » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:12 pm

Please enable MODODRUM for the new M1 iPad Pro!
kjetilge

Postby DDemase1174 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:28 pm

The ability to choose the microphone, mic position and (as previously suggested in the thread) the angle in which the microphone is set for each individual drum channel---something similar to the 3-D environment used in AmpliTube 5. A 3-D micing feature with a wide variety of mics to choose from and the choice of environment might in general be useful for any acoustic instruments MODO technology might model.
DDemase1174

PreviousNext

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS