Reaper and MODO Drum - Cracks, Pops, Sizzles

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Reaper and MODO Drum - Cracks, Pops, Sizzles

Postby dino757 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:57 am

Anyone using MODO drum and Reaper successfully so far? Can't seem to eliminate popping and cracking unless I increase the ASIO buffer size to 512, which does not seem to make sense.

MODO Drum stand-alone works fine with a 64 buffer size, and I can also use Amplitube, SampleTank, EZDrummer, Helix, BIAS FX, S-Gear, and ANY other VST plug-in or VSTi/VSTi3 instrument in Reaper using that buffer size.

If I have to stay at 512, it makes all my Guitar Cab/Amp emulators too delayed to use in the same project, and I don't want to keep toggling the buffer size constantly.

PC - Win10, Intel I9 w/10 cores, 128GB RAM. CPU usage never exceeds 5%. Using a Focusrite Clarett 4-Pre and running Thunderbolt 3.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'd be SO thrilled.

Thanks a million!
dino757

Re: Reaper and MODO Drum - Cracks, Pops, Sizzles

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:18 pm

Hey dino757,

Thanks for your post.

Make sure to check with support on this one.

Open a support ticket here.

Once open PM me with your ticket details.

Make sure in the meantime to try matching your Audio/MIDI settings in Stand Alone to Reaper. Using the same settings you should be getting very similar results (excluding the fact that you can have more FX and plug-ins loaded).

I would suggest using VST3i, but if you would like you can also try VST2i as a test. Let the support team know if you have an issue with either format.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS