MODO DRUM - First Impressions

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO DRUM - First Impressions

Postby MarkyMarkW » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:47 pm

Installed this evening and it's working well in Ableton Live Suite 10.1. Sounds absolutely fantastic! But here's a BIG wish: It would be really useful to be able to control the global velocity slider via a MIDI control assigned in Ableton (so that playing velocity can be automated throughout an arrangement). Or maybe I'm missing something and that's already possible? I've scoured the manual and nothing obvious is shouting back at me. Make this a reality and you've suddenly got a game changer, imho.

The ability to trigger preset grooves via MIDI notes (a la BFD) would also be really cool.
"There are no wrong notes; some are just more right than others." – Thelonius Monk
MarkyMarkW

Re: MODO DRUM - First Impressions

Postby dlgebert » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:00 am

I got it downloaded, installed and registered. I have a drum pad controller, but just to start, I played some of the drums using my mouse. SUPER IMPRESSED! Amazing that they were able to get this sound with modeling. I realize the cymbals are sampled.

Great job IKM on both MODO Drum and MODO Bass. Because of these two great plugins I was able to dump a bass plugin that sounds like trillion and drums that rhyme with cheesy plumber... :lol:

Dave
Last edited by dlgebert on Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dlgebert

Postby dlgebert » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:35 pm

dlgebert wrote:I have a drum pad controller,

I completed custom mapping my Korg nanoPAD2 drum controller and MODO Drum is working flawlessly with it. If anyone has this controller and wants a copy of the scene memory file that maps the drum MIDI values to all of the pads, I am willing to share it.

I've identified four types of kits that I've mapped to the four available scenes on the Korg nanoPAD2 that allow access to most of the drums for all 10 kits. Below is a list of the kits and the scene group they work with.

Dave

MODO Drum Kit Name wrote:Studio - Scene: [2]
Jazzy - Scene: [1]
Rock Custom - Scene: [1]
Grungy - Scene: [1]
Djentleman - Scene: [1]
Black Oyster - Scene: [1]
Bubinga - Scene: [3]
Plexi - Scene: [1]
Extreme - Scene: [4]
Reference - Scene: [4]
dlgebert

Postby Mwie » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:42 am

Any update on the VELOCITY-Fader?

Everytime I'm using MODO DRUM and I use it quite often I wish I could automate that sweet little fader.. this would change so much! If it is possible, I don't know how. Please, oh please IK Multimedia, be my secret santa this year and automate that fader!
Mwie

Postby djcrog » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:36 pm

I know it's an old thread but I would love to see this!

dlgebert wrote:
dlgebert wrote:I have a drum pad controller,

I completed custom mapping my Korg nanoPAD2 drum controller and MODO Drum is working flawlessly with it. If anyone has this controller and wants a copy of the scene memory file that maps the drum MIDI values to all of the pads, I am willing to share it.

I've identified four types of kits that I've mapped to the four available scenes on the Korg nanoPAD2 that allow access to most of the drums for all 10 kits. Below is a list of the kits and the scene group they work with.

Dave

MODO Drum Kit Name wrote:Studio - Scene: [2]
Jazzy - Scene: [1]
Rock Custom - Scene: [1]
Grungy - Scene: [1]
Djentleman - Scene: [1]
Black Oyster - Scene: [1]
Bubinga - Scene: [3]
Plexi - Scene: [1]
Extreme - Scene: [4]
Reference - Scene: [4]
djcrog