Modo Drums - Cant Drag and Drop Grooves into DAW

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Modo Drums - Cant Drag and Drop Grooves into DAW

Postby deathrules » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:22 pm

Hi IK Team,
First I want to congratulate you on modo drums. Great work and a very good start. Thank you for that.

I am convinced that you will bring more improvements over time
such as. free midi assignment and integration of midi drum modules

But for the moment, the basic package convinced me. Great sound, easy handling

But I want to report an error or a problem today,I can not import the grooves via Drag and Drop into the Daw
Am I doing something wrong or have other users synonymous the problem?

Best regards
Karsten
deathrules

Re: Modo Drums - Cant Drag and Drop Grooves into DAW

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:49 pm

Hi, that should definitely work. Please open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi if you haven't done so already and they will happily assist you and figure out what's happening.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby deathrules » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:56 pm

i have send a message to support thx
deathrules

Postby deathrules » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:35 pm

I have receive a reply form IK Support.

This Drag & Drop Problem may only occure with Cubase DAW.
deathrules

Postby KoY666 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:26 pm

Hi, i own stuidoone3 and cubase10 .
and i have same problem on studioone, i am sure it is not only on cubase.
but one of users in japan, told me that it does work on CUBASE, MAC OS with no problem.
so please support, be sure to verify very carefully between the differences of OS and also several DAWs.
KoY666

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:22 pm

Please report all issues to support and they will verify and let the developers know to take a look if it is a global issue. They can also provide a status on any reported issues. Testing does test with many DAWs on many OSes. Sorry to hear an issue has occurred for OP and another in this thread. I'm sure it will get resolved expediently.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby douglas-langbehn » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:52 pm

I can verify the drag and drop problem in Cubase 10.5. Windows 7.
The drums sound great. I found a set of patterns that I want to use on a project. Went to drag and drop and all of the preliminary icons as I dragged to the track in Cubase looked like they should. I release the mouse to "drop" the pattern and ...nothing.
I also tried playing the patterns with the groove tab in modo bass while trying to record midi in Cubase, hoping that at least this would generate the midi notes of the pattern: also nothing. Rather frustrating that this would be released with such a major bug for use in at least one of the most popular DAWs.
douglas-langbehn

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:13 pm

douglas-langbehn wrote:I can verify the drag and drop problem in Cubase 10.5. Windows 7.
The drums sound great. I found a set of patterns that I want to use on a project. Went to drag and drop and all of the preliminary icons as I dragged to the track in Cubase looked like they should. I release the mouse to "drop" the pattern and ...nothing.
I also tried playing the patterns with the groove tab in modo bass while trying to record midi in Cubase, hoping that at least this would generate the midi notes of the pattern: also nothing. Rather frustrating that this would be released with such a major bug for use in at least one of the most popular DAWs.

It may not be a global bug so the testing team (who do of course use Cubase as one of the major DAWs for testing) could have not run into it. All issues should be reported to IK Support so they can troubleshoot and verify and work with you to resolve the issue.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:58 pm

If anyone is having troubles dragging and dropping MIDI files, please as Peter says, contact our support team. Once done, pass your ticket number to myself or Peter via an IM.

Contact IK support here.

In the meantime, anyone with these troubles can try dragging in their MIDI files through a Finder/File Explorer window.

See the locations for the MODO DRUM grooves below:

C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM\Grooves
Mac HD>Library>Application Support>IK Multimedia>MODO DRUM>Grooves
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby dnr » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:58 am

I too have had this problem. I am very surprised that this issue did not arise through beta testing. Doubly annoying as having purchased Modo Drum is is actually useless to me if I can't sequence drum patterns.

It seems to me very strange that there is no sequencing facility in Modo Drum with the ability to edit and save new patterns.

Furthermore there seems to be no maps for converting midi grooves from for instance BFD 3.

I think that Modo Drum is potentially great but is an incomplete concept at the moment.
dnr

Postby dnr » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:31 pm

You can however drag from the Midi file Folder in C drive. Which is a start!
dnr

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:48 pm

dnr wrote:You can however drag from the Midi file Folder in C drive. Which is a start!

:mrgreen:

dnr wrote:It seems to me very strange that there is no sequencing facility in Modo Drum with the ability to edit and save new patterns.

Furthermore there seems to be no maps for converting midi grooves from for instance BFD 3.

I think that Modo Drum is potentially great but is an incomplete concept at the moment.

While, I can't say I personally agree that MODO DRUM is incomplete. It can always have new features added, just don't let that take away from the features/tools already available :D We do greatly appreciate all of your comments, and suggestions none-the-less. Feel free to keep them coming in the Official Wish List.

We are looking into MIDI Mapping for future versions of MODO DRUM. Please stay tuned to our news letter for future developments.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter/
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby deathrules » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:13 am

dnr wrote:
We are looking into MIDI Mapping for future versions of MODO DRUM. Please stay tuned to our news letter for future developments.

:D
deathrules

Postby dnr » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:02 am

Well I look forward to drum maps. I just hope that they allow me to use my third party groove. I am afraid the grooves that come with Modo Drum are disappointingly bland.
dnr

Postby Bruce Sokolovic » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:39 am

CONFIRM PROBLEM IN STUDIO ONE 4.5 ON A WINDOWS MACHINE. Dragging grooves onto the track results in generating a completely new song!!!!
Bruce Sokolovic

Next

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS