Modo Drums - Cant Drag and Drop Grooves into DAW

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: Modo Drums - Cant Drag and Drop Grooves into DAW

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:38 pm

Bruce Sokolovic wrote:CONFIRM PROBLEM IN STUDIO ONE 4.5 ON A WINDOWS MACHINE. Dragging grooves onto the track results in generating a completely new song!!!!

Some are experiencing this issue, yes. It will be addressed in a future update and I believe IK Support may have more options/workarounds for the current version if you report the issue to them. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:24 pm

Bruce Sokolovic wrote:CONFIRM PROBLEM IN STUDIO ONE 4.5 ON A WINDOWS MACHINE. Dragging grooves onto the track results in generating a completely new song!!!!

If you are having troubles dragging and dropping MIDI files, please as Peter says, contact our support team. Once done, pass your ticket number to myself or Peter via an IM.

Contact IK support here.

In the meantime, as mentioned above, anyone with these troubles can try dragging in their MIDI files through a Finder/File Explorer window.

See the locations for the MODO DRUM grooves below:

C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM\Grooves
Mac HD>Library>Application Support>IK Multimedia>MODO DRUM>Grooves
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Bruce Sokolovic » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:07 pm

dnr wrote:Well I look forward to drum maps. I just hope that they allow me to use my third party groove. I am afraid the grooves that come with Modo Drum are disappointingly bland.

Groove Monkee already has them mapped, FYI
Bruce Sokolovic

Postby PerryD » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:37 pm

Dragging midi files into Studio One 4.5.4 creates a new song instead of dropping into the existing MODO track.
PerryD

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:43 pm

Peter_IK wrote:

Some are experiencing this issue, yes. It will be addressed in a future update and I believe IK Support may have more options/workarounds for the current version if you report the issue to them. Thanks!
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:43 pm

Ryan_IK wrote:

If you are having troubles dragging and dropping MIDI files, please as Peter says, contact our support team. Once done, pass your ticket number to myself or Peter via an IM.

Contact IK support here.

In the meantime, as mentioned above, anyone with these troubles can try dragging in their MIDI files through a Finder/File Explorer window.

See the locations for the MODO DRUM grooves below:

C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\MODO DRUM\Grooves
Mac HD>Library>Application Support>IK Multimedia>MODO DRUM>Grooves
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pczyky » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:19 am

Drag & drop grooves problem with Studio One appears to have been fixed. I can drop grooves into a Studio One track (when before, dropping created a new song). Using Studio One 4.6 and Modo Drums 1.1.
pczyky

Previous

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS