IK Welcomes Joe Satriani!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

IK Welcomes Joe Satriani!

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:59 pm

We are proud to welcome legendary guitarist and long-time IK user Joe Satriani to its family of artists. IK is excited to partner with Satriani, first on a series of videos sharing Joe’s extensive expertise in recording guitar, and later on more formal collaborations to help guitarists get the most out of their playing & recording experience.

"I’m happy to be working with IK Multimedia. I’ve used AmpliTube software at home, in the studio and on several albums. And now, the AXE I/O ups my game in the studio." - Joe Satriani

In the video below, Satriani explains some of his philosophy when recording, the importance of finding just the right tone for a particular recording, and some of the ways tools like AmpliTube and AXE I/O can help make the process of laying down guitar tracks much more productive and satisfying:

https://youtu.be/GR_F490t8CE

Satriani shares his thoughts on digital recording and how AXE I/O can play an important role:

"When I saw this, I thought ‘oh wow this is great. I know exactly how I’m going to use this."

"What guitar players really want is to see a clear place to plug in. They want control over the gain of the input and the nature of the input in itself. This [AXE I/O] is actually affording the guitar player all those things and you’ve got those extra controls that you can play with the impedance in a way that would mimic the difference between a vintage strat and a brand new guitar."

Inspired by the new relationship and Satriani’s personal recording process, IK Multimedia also announces a firmware update to AXE I/O, improving its onboard Amp Out feature that eliminates the need for a DI box during the re-amplification process. For a more convenient experience for guitarists, AXE I/O’s software control panel now features a “To Amp Out” button that routes the Instrument Input 1 directly to the Amp Out with zero latency so guitarists can easily record both a clean DI signal and their amplifier simultaneously, without the need for splitters or other external gear.

For more information about Joe Satriani, please visit: www.satriani.com
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: IK Welcomes Joe Satriani!

Postby gatorstudio » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:19 pm

Does this mean we might get an Ampltube Satriani Edition?
iMac, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Logic Pro X, All versions of Amplitube, and a lot of beer fueled creativity.
gatorstudio

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:26 pm

gatorstudio wrote:Does this mean we might get an Ampltube Satriani Edition?

Anything is possible! ...

IK is excited to partner with Satriani, first on a series of videos sharing Joe’s extensive expertise in recording guitar, and later on more formal collaborations to help guitarists get the most out of their playing & recording experience.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gazart » Sat May 04, 2019 11:00 am

We look forward to AmliTube Joe Satriani! Go IK... go Joe... go go!
gazart

Postby soundandb » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:29 am

gatorstudio wrote:Does this mean we might get an Ampltube Satriani Edition?

Woow will be great!
soundandb

Postby davidpucheta » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:47 pm

Awesome!!
davidpucheta

Postby Kozak10 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:51 pm

Can't wait for new JS stuff :roll:
Kozak10

Postby Elizabethswn » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:57 pm

Awesome dude...!!
cant wait for js stuff... :D :D :D :D
[ Mod Edit_ suspicious link was added - now removed, and user banned]
Elizabethswn

Postby carlaz » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:52 pm

So, in case it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere, this is publically a thing: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/satriani/

As with a number of other AmpliTube artist bundles, I'm not even a big Satch fan (though I have a few of his recordings, of course -- I'm not "culturally illiterate"! :lol: ) but the gear included should be of interest to a wide range of players. I have already broken my budgetary rules :roll: and pre-ordered. :mrgreen:

Just of the bat, there's an updated "based on 5150" amp model, and that's such a workhorse of hard rock and metal that the update is very welcome. There is also what is effectively an update of the "based on BOSS DS-1" pedal (the otherwise current model, the "Distortion" stomp, goes back to early days of AmpliTube, at least AT2, I think.) There are plenty of other older stomp models that I'd like to see refreshed as well, but I'll take what we can get! For that match, the Satch bundle has a new "based on OD-1" stomp, and I don't think that's been modeled before, but along with the new DS-1-based unit and the amps in this and the stock AmpliTube packages, there's a lot of stuff for '80s-type tones.

The "based on JVM410HJS" should be interesting. That amp seems to be a notably different thing than the original JVM410H (itself quite a contemporary workhorse), with some liking the "JS" revision less but others liking it more. I think in the past I've myself suggested that a JVM410H model would be a useful addition to Amplitube, and I'm interested in trying out the "based on JS" model here. The clean channel is supposed to be quite distinctive, and I'm interested in seeing how the crunch/OD channels stack up against the current "based on JCM800 and JCM900" models (which I often use when doubling overdriven rhythm guitar tracks).

The new stomp "based on Chandler Tube Driver" caught my eye not least because that pedal has been used by Dave Gilmour since the '90s (as well as by various other "names", like Billy Gibbons and Henry Kaiser). OK, now I need a whole bundle of refreshed Big-Muff-variant stomps, too. :mrgreen:

And though cab models probably don't get as much love and press as ohter kinds of models, I've very intrigued by the Satch Green and Satch 60 cab models, for different reasons. The Satch Green seems to be effectively a "late '60s Marshall" cab with 20w Celestions. Casual online searching didn't find me a lot of info about Satriani's use of this kind of cab, so I'm not sure whether the original model has actual vintage speakers stashed away in it or whether they are current models from Celestion's Heritage Series. Either way, these are speakers not previously modelled in AmpliTube. Then, although the current "4x12 Brit 9000" cab is already a Marshall 1960A cab with G12T-75 speakers, the Satch 60 (presumably "based on Marshall 1960B JSB) would be the subtly (but probably noticeable) different Marshall 1960B cab with G12T-75 speakers. I think the only other 1960B-type cab in current AmpliTube is the "based on 1960BV (with Vintage 30s)" in the Slash collection. It may be a weird thing to thing the straight-vs.-angled cab model is exciting, but IMO the effects of cabs and speakers are usually hugely overlooked, and a pile of speaker and cab models is the AmpliTube guitarist's "secret weapon" just as a pile of physical cabs and speakers would be for a physical recording studio.

I feel like I should say something about the Rockman models, though I don't really know enough about them. They are, in any case, something entirely new in the AmpliTube arsenal (and, again, super '80s 8-) ).

So ... yeah, much as with the Brian May bundle, I know I'm going to want enough of the kit in the Satch bundle that it would be more expensive to get it all piecemeal from the Custom Shop at a later date, so I preordered this bad boy. :mrgreen:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby jjguitar » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:24 pm

Is the pre-order available through custom shop via gear credits ?
I have some gear credits left and and I already own the whole Amplitube Collection.
Last edited by jjguitar on Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby carlaz » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:53 pm

jjguitar wrote:Is the pre-order available through custom shop via credits ?
I have some gear credits left and I already own the whole Amplitube Collection.

I don't know if it can be done through credits; I went via PayPal (because I have, like, 1 credit in my account!).
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Paul_R » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:50 pm

So - Satriani pack is here soon - cool I guess - there's nothing in JS's rig tone that I find really unique (maybe I should listen closer), BUT!, something caught my eye: ** BOSTON 100! ** - WOW . I am a HUGE Boston / Tom Scholz guitar tone fan (as are many others here I'm sure). I have been waiting for years for Tom (+ whoever now owns the rights to the Rockman stuff) to release (or collaborate on releasing) a digital model of any of the Rockman gear (distortion/sustainer/chorus/.../X100). As far as I know there are no officially sanctioned digital models of Rockman gear (or Boston guitar tones of any kind for that matter) out there so this is possibly a first. I was thrilled to get the Brian May pack which is great, and dreamed about how great it would be to have a similar Tom Scholz bundle but I considered that a pipe dream since, from what I've seen/read, Tom is 100% an analogue guy and would not likely agree to work with any company on digital representations of his iconic guitar tones. But maybe I'm wrong since here we have an X100 kind of hidden away in the new Amplitube JS pack.

So hey IK! Lets hear some demos of this BOSTON 100 model (as of Jan 18 I can find no demos of this pack anywhere - just the one vid IK has put with lots of JS talking but no sound samples). If the X100 model sounds decent I'm buying the JS pack purely for the that model (and if the other JS stuff is good also then that'll be a bonus). And..what are your thoughts about a possible Tom Scholz bundle? Partnering with TS would be an absolute win for IK with all the guitarists out there who have never really had any options in terms of dialing up authentic Boston tones other than buying ancient Rockman half dead modules and trying to revive them (or setting Wah pedal at half way which will get you 1/2 way there ... kind of but not really). Are you guys not demoing this pack at Namm? Let's hear it!
Last edited by Paul_R on Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul_R

Postby Paul_R » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:48 pm

Puzzled a bit about the pre-order. What's the advantage of pre-ordering since it's software and there will be no waiting to receive it once released? Is this special pre-order pricing?
Paul_R

Postby jjguitar » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:04 pm

How long is the pre-order valid and how much is the regular price ?
If it´s not possible to pre-order with gear credits can we use JamPoints for pre-order ?
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby carlaz » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:04 pm

Paul_R wrote:BUT!, something caught my eye: ** BOSTON 100! ** - WOW.

Yeah, I'm interested to try that out. I think it is indeed, as you say, the only current digital model of (or "based on") any Rockman stuff. And I wouldn't hold your breath there; Scholz is on record as saying he "detests" computers, etc. :D

I guess, technically, the first two Boston albums were recorded with a heavily processed Marshall Super Lead, though presumably Scholz built the Rockman stuff to get him what he wanted and used it himself from there on out. The Rockman-esque model in the Satch bundle is based on an X100, originally released in 1984 and apparently slightly different from the original Rockman unit (from 1982?).

Anyway, it would be interesting seeing this stuff demo'd in a video -- and knowing when it will actually be released! I would guess that the "pre-order" price provides a slight discount, but I don't know about that and AFAIK there is no official word on post-release pricing (or ship dates), etc.
--
carlaz
1K Club

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling