Keyswitch Chord Mode MIDI Control?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Keyswitch Chord Mode MIDI Control?

Postby morbank » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:46 pm

I have Chord mode Keyswitch assigned to the B-1 key and I am able to engage Chord mode when I press the key/play live. However, recorded MIDI for the B-1 key (in a Live 10 clip) is not engaging Chord mode. I have tried with "Latch" on and off but Chord mode still doesn't engage when playing back the clip. Is there a way to have recorded MIDI turn Chord mode on and off?
morbank

Re: Keyswitch Chord Mode MIDI Control?

Postby morbank » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:37 pm

Some more information...

If I manually hold down the key that I have Chord mode assigned to (B-1) and play a few bass notes Chord mode is engaged, if I then start the Live clip it will play with Chord mode engaged until I stop playing the clip. However, if I try the same thing with Latch on the clip will play once with Chord mode engaged but when the clip loops Chord mode turns off.
morbank

Re: Keyswitch Chord Mode MIDI Control?

Postby morbank » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:24 pm

I was able to use CC to control Chord mode via a Live clip, but I have to...

- Open Modo Bass plugin and set the control Type to Keystroke
- Play the assigned keystroke key (B-1) while playing 3 bass notes to engage Chord mode
- Then switch the control Type back to CC

For some reason this is the only way I can get Modo to recognize Chord mode via a clip. Anyone have any idea why this is so difficult?
morbank

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS