AXE I/O Now Available

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: AXE I/O Now Available

Postby dlgebert » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:01 am

dlgebert wrote:So far I've been using the TR5 British Channel console for my mic'ing needs

I completed my migration away from my POD Studio UX1. I created a nice set of TR5 Suite global patches for mic'ing my Seagull Entourage Rustic using my Shure SM57. I could have easily not had to use a noise gate, there's none of the mic preamp hiss that I've had with every mic preamp that I've used in the past. I am using a noise gate slightly on the TR5 British Channel console so it blocks out faint background noise, my movements, etc.

Thanks again to IKM for making such a great hardware interface that pairs perfectly with your software. As I mentioned before, very low latency and very organic sounding... and no special drivers needed on my iMac! :D

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Andrzej71 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:28 pm

Peter_IK wrote:If ikregister.com is not taking your serial number please alert IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support as the forum mods will not have access to your account or other information to resolve this issue.

I bought AXE I/O and it arrived today, full of joy and expectation wanted to register it and download Amplitube MSX which comes with it, also because IK Multimedia has promotions on software, evon more full with expectation, I was about to check what can be downloaded.

I bought item from provider listed on IK website. Unfortunately all attempts to register product failed, was trying to register product:
on web - error message The provided serial number cannot be registered (code -101)
via Authorisation Manager - error message Internal server error (901)

Sent messages to IK support and I got tickets confirmation, but so far issue is not solved. I do not know if someone else bought this product registered and then return to shop, so I can't register it again or there is something else on the table. :evil:
Andrzej71

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:20 pm

Sorry to hear that but IK Support will sort you out when the offices are open.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Andrzej71 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:33 pm

Hi

Thanks for reply.

I do hope they will sort me out, however they never replied when I written to them on the other occasions. I'm slightly concerned because the clock is ticking (6 days) to the end of promotion on your (IK) website (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/pickandmix/#faq) and to get items (7 for 1 at the moment) on promotion, was the main reason of byint AXE I/O, which I'm considering as a great product so far using it with Amplitube custom shop. Not sure what happens if time is up and I won't be able to register AXE.

Kind Regards

A
Andrzej71

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:45 pm

Since you received it already and logged a ticket you’ll have no problem with the group buy.

They don’t ignore tickets so if you’d like to send any ticket numbers that went unanswered from before I’d be happy to send to the Support Manager who can see what might have happened. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Andrzej71 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:14 am

Again - thank you for reply.

This took load off my chest a bit.

I must say I'm really happy otherwise, how the gear works and it gives a lot of pleasure playing, without annoying my other half and neighbours.

Many Thanks

Andrzej
Andrzej71

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:27 pm

Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby blueyepaul » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:59 am

Hi There,
I recently purchase the AXE I/O interface and currently using through my computer with the full package of Ampiltube 4 and more with no problems at all.
My question is, can I connect a stomp pedal to this unit (Sola Sound - Tone bender purchase from the U.K) If so. How can this be done as I only see two 1/4" jacks.
Do I need additional hardware to achieve this, please explain if you can.

Kind regards
Paul
blueyepaul

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:22 pm

blueyepaul wrote:Hi There,
I recently purchase the AXE I/O interface and currently using through my computer with the full package of Ampiltube 4 and more with no problems at all.
My question is, can I connect a stomp pedal to this unit (Sola Sound - Tone bender purchase from the U.K) If so. How can this be done as I only see two 1/4" jacks.

Kind regards
Paul

AXE I/O is an audio interface. To use traditional stomps, you can try in front of the interface just like you would before your amp. There is no "effects loop" on AXE I/O because it is an audio interface as opposed to a guitar amp. You may be able to use some creative routing with the other input/output combinations but your best bet would be to try the stomp inline (guitar --> stomp --> AXE I/O) but as with any interface, software, and hardware pedal, your mileage may vary as to how effective it is.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby blueyepaul » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:58 am

Peter_IK wrote:

Kind regards
Paul

AXE I/O is an audio interface. To use traditional stomps, you can try in front of the interface just like you would before your amp. There is no "effects loop" on AXE I/O because it is an audio interface as opposed to a guitar amp. You may be able to use some creative routing with the other input/output combinations but your best bet would be to try the stomp inline (guitar --> stomp --> AXE I/O) but as with any interface, software, and hardware pedal, your mileage may vary as to how effective it is.
Thanks for the info Peter, I didn't wont to jump the gun so to speak coursing any damage to the unit itself. I have tried your suggestion with out using AmpilTube4 just the unit on its own. Tone is O.k :D Regards Paul
blueyepaul

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:18 pm

blueyepaul wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

Kind regards
Paul

Thanks for the info Peter, I didn't wont to jump the gun so to speak coursing any damage to the unit itself. I have tried your suggestion with out using AmpilTube4 just the unit on its own. Tone is O.k :D Regards Paul

Glad to hear! You can keep experimenting within AmpliTube too, as you'll find that different amp models "take" pedals differently just as with hardware amps.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Paul Kemp » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:20 am

Sorry, but I don't understand how to run AXE I/O with Amplitube, so really frustrating and I'm thinkin' to return the product! :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

I use a Windows 10 pc, I turn on the AXE I/O, I launch Amplitube and NOTHING HAPPENS! I can hear my bass guitar, pluged in input 1 by the headphones, but I can hear my bass guitar with clear sound whether Amplitube runs or not. So when I launch Amplitube and load stomps or change ampli, nothing happens, my bass has always a clear sound, as if Amplitube didn't work! That's really really frustrating! In the past I've used many audio interfaces and many other apps and never a problem!

There's no good manual to understand what should I do! :| :| :| :| :| :| :|
Paul Kemp

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:50 pm

Paul Kemp wrote:Sorry, but I don't understand how to run AXE I/O with Amplitube, so really frustrating and I'm thinkin' to return the product! :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

I use a Windows 10 pc, I turn on the AXE I/O, I launch Amplitube and NOTHING HAPPENS! I can hear my bass guitar, pluged in input 1 by the headphones, but I can hear my bass guitar with clear sound whether Amplitube runs or not. So when I launch Amplitube and load stomps or change ampli, nothing happens, my bass has always a clear sound, as if Amplitube didn't work! That's really really frustrating! In the past I've used many audio interfaces and many other apps and never a problem!

Hi, the manual installs with the AXE I/O Control Panel software and is also available in your IK User Area and on the AXE I/O web page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/axeio/

Please check the Monitor knob, that is probably set to only the dry signal (all the way to the left is "Direct" which is only the dry signal).

Also make sure you have the latest version of the AXE I/O Control Panel software (which includes the driver) from your IK User Area http://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea under "My Products"

I know it can be frustrating to get up and running with hardware and software technology sometimes but I'm sure you can get working with AXE I/O. If my suggestions do not help please contact IK Support who will happily assist you to get you up and running with AXE I/O and AmpliTube.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Andrzej71 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:00 pm

Paul Kemp wrote:Sorry, but I don't understand how to run AXE I/O with Amplitube, so really frustrating and I'm thinkin' to return the product! :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Hi

Check this one it could be quite inspiring:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OEUJtYCGVk&t=276s
Andrzej71

Postby Paul Kemp » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:06 pm

Peter_IK wrote:

Hi, the manual installs with the AXE I/O Control Panel software and is also available in your IK User Area and on the AXE I/O web page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/axeio/

Please check the Monitor knob, that is probably set to only the dry signal (all the way to the left is "Direct" which is only the dry signal).

Also make sure you have the latest version of the AXE I/O Control Panel software (which includes the driver) from your IK User Area http://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea under "My Products"

I know it can be frustrating to get up and running with hardware and software technology sometimes but I'm sure you can get working with AXE I/O. If my suggestions do not help please contact IK Support who will happily assist you to get you up and running with AXE I/O and AmpliTube.

Many many thanks, Peter, the Monitor knob was set on Direct, now I've set it on Daw and I can hear my bass guitar sound with all the effects! :) :) :)

Now issue is another and it's very strange to me. With my bass guitar plugged in it's all perfect with Amplitube, it works perfectly, but th AXE I/O doesn't work as a normal audio interface, because I can't hear anything else, but my bass guitar. Also if I close Amplitube, and, for example, I want to listen to a song in Spotify, or on YouTube, or an mp3 on VLC,I can't hear anything, as if my PC hadn't a sound card. I have to change sound card in the control panel and set my internal sound card to restore the sound in the OS. :?: :?: :?: :?:

I've installed the latest AXE I/O driver of course.
Paul Kemp

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements