Articulations in playback modus

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Articulations in playback modus

Postby muddi » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:44 pm

Since I'm not a "real" keyboard player and therefore I can't play the notes with the right and the articulations with the left hand at the same time, I would like to have the possibility to activate the articulations during the playback of a recorded midi track. I use MODO BASS as VST instrument in Cubase 8.5. Can anyone give me a tip? THX a lot in advance for yr reply!
muddi

Re: Articulations in playback modus

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:34 pm

You should be able to write in the MIDI notes (in the case of key switched articulations) on the piano roll in Cubase's MIDI editor for the track. That would likely be the easiest method. At least that's how I would do it.

However, Cubase also has multiple modes for recording MIDI tracks and there should be a merge mode where the subsequent take is merged with the previous. Though this is technically for V9, it should apply to 8.5 as well far as I remember or at least for the portion applicable to your situation: https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artis ... des_r.html
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby muddi » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:37 pm

Thx, Peter! I will try....am newby in the midi world.
muddi

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:00 pm

muddi wrote:Thx, Peter! I will try....am newby in the midi world.

I would look for some MIDI-specific Cubase tutorials (Steinberg has great tutorials themselves in general, too) and review the MIDI section of the manual to really dig into how MIDI tracks and functionality works. It really is deep but VERY powerful and I think you'll really enjoy it and find it a breeze once you get past a short learning curve and "click" with it.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS