Split topic, now: MODO BASS Let Ring question

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Split topic, now: MODO BASS Let Ring question

Postby sonnyv » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:25 pm

Ryan_IK wrote:
sonnyv wrote:LET RING

Apparently the Let Ring mode is either on or off with no opportunity to vary the degree of ring/sustain

It would be a significant feature and highly desirable to be able to either:
1. allow the midi sustain pedal level to determine the length of ring/sustain
2. allow the ring level to be cut in half by another click of the Let Ring button (Off - On - 50%)

Thanks for the interests here.

Please note, Point 1 is already possible. The 'Let Ring' feature can be controlled through MIDI or through a Key-Switch. Make sure to set this in the 'Control' page. This should be here.

on the Control page, when I latch the A-1 keyswitch a note will ring at a fixed volume/length. But I don't see a way to reduce the volume/length/decay of ring. The ring sustain is either Off or On. Is there a way to reduce the ring amount?
sonnyv

Re: Split topic, now: MODO BASS Let Ring question

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:23 pm

sonnyv wrote:
Ryan_IK wrote:
sonnyv wrote:LET RING

Apparently the Let Ring mode is either on or off with no opportunity to vary the degree of ring/sustain

It would be a significant feature and highly desirable to be able to either:
1. allow the midi sustain pedal level to determine the length of ring/sustain
2. allow the ring level to be cut in half by another click of the Let Ring button (Off - On - 50%)

Thanks for the interests here.

Please note, Point 1 is already possible. The 'Let Ring' feature can be controlled through MIDI or through a Key-Switch. Make sure to set this in the 'Control' page. This should be here.

on the Control page, when I latch the A-1 keyswitch a note will ring at a fixed volume/length. But I don't see a way to reduce the volume/length/decay of ring. The ring sustain is either Off or On. Is there a way to reduce the ring amount?

Thanks for clarifying. I'll be sure to pass this one along. Currently, there are no extra controls with 'Let Ring'. This currently acts like a Bass player would either ringing out or stopping the note at the note length (1/4 Note, 1/8 Note, etc.).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS