Official MODO Bass Wish List!

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO bass - Repeat key (RR)

Postby sasha_perl » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:07 am

Is it hidden (from me) or is it more of a feature request at this point, guys?
sasha_perl

Re: MODO bass - Repeat key (RR)

Postby puranon » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:45 pm

Usually defaulted to notes #36 - #39. User customizable key switches are even better.

It also helps to have a duplicate set of repeat keys on the right side.
puranon

Postby sasha_perl » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:52 pm

puranon wrote:Usually defaulted to notes #36 - #39. User customizable key switches are even better.

It also helps to have a duplicate set of repeat keys on the right side.

i'm sorry, a bit confused. Are you saying that repeat keys are currently assigned to notes you're mentioning, or you wish they were?
sasha_perl

Postby puranon » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:41 pm

Its where they should go.
puranon

Postby PerryD » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:47 pm

I would like to see a repeat key as well.
PerryD

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:13 pm

This feature request has been relayed to the developers. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Official MODO Bass Wish List!

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:19 pm

This will be the official thread for MODO Bass feature requests. Please post any feature requests here moving forward. All older posts will be compiled here. This will help make sure all posts are laid out in an organized thread keeping your voices is heard :D

Before posting, make sure to check that your idea/request is not posted already.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Official MODO Bass Wish List!

Postby arrand » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 pm

String per midi channel
Hammer on fret noise control
Legato event keyswitch - overlapping note triggers keyswitch, could be restricted to string per midi channel mode to allow chords
Sound FX - string scrapes, pickup clap

Does this mean an upgrade's imminent?
arrand

Postby sonnyv » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:31 am

LET RING

Apparently the Let Ring mode is either on or off with no opportunity to vary the degree of ring/sustain

It would be a significant feature and highly desirable to be able to either:
1. allow the midi sustain pedal level to determine the length of ring/sustain
2. allow the ring level to be cut in half by another click of the Let Ring button (Off - On - 50%)
sonnyv

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:40 pm

sonnyv wrote:LET RING

Apparently the Let Ring mode is either on or off with no opportunity to vary the degree of ring/sustain

It would be a significant feature and highly desirable to be able to either:
1. allow the midi sustain pedal level to determine the length of ring/sustain
2. allow the ring level to be cut in half by another click of the Let Ring button (Off - On - 50%)

Thanks for the interests here.

Please note, Point 1 is already possible. The 'Let Ring' feature can be controlled through MIDI or through a Key-Switch. Make sure to set this in the 'Control' page. This should be here.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:49 pm

arrand wrote:String per midi channel
Legato event keyswitch - overlapping note triggers keyswitch, could be restricted to string per midi channel mode to allow chords

Thanks for your interests as well arrand.

Make sure you check out the 'Play Style' page for 'Detach' and 'Slide' noise. Also be sure to try out the E5 note. This is a 'ghost' like note great for adding nuance to your performances. Lastly, I do want to make sure you check out both the 'Force _ String' and 'Chord' functions in the 'Control' page. These are great for keeping the notes played back on the same string or playing back chords which sound more natural.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:18 pm

Note: Please keep this topic free of technical issues or questions about current functionality. I have split a post to its own topic and would like to avoid this going forward.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby arrand » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:33 pm

Ryan_IK wrote:
arrand wrote:String per midi channel

Thanks for your interests as well arrand.

Make sure you check out the 'Play Style' page for 'Detach' and 'Slide' noise. Also be sure to try out the E5 note. This is a 'ghost' like note great for adding nuance to your performances. Lastly, I do want to make sure you check out both the 'Force _ String' and 'Chord' functions in the 'Control' page. These are great for keeping the notes played back on the same string or playing back chords which sound more natural.

I'm familiar with the Release and Slide noise controls, my FR is for this to be extended to include Hammer on noise.
I'm also familiar with the 'force string' keynote but I use a midi guitar, as do many other people, and I can't generate keyswitch. String per midi channel is a feature of other bass and guitar VSTIs.
arrand

Postby puranon » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:40 am

MODO needs a new 2.0 Version. New VSTID so they don't have to worry about breaking backwards compatibility with 1.x.

The entire MIDI implementation needs to be reworked from scratch with accommodation for MPE and Polyphonic Aftertouch controllers. A 100% user customizable MIDI matrix.
puranon

Postby dbrendon » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:31 pm

Hello, I'm struggling with using slides. I play left hand bass in a few bands and I don't have the luxury of using my other hand for pitch wheel or key-switching. I have been using a sampled bass (ManyBass) for years and was able to achive this effect by having a "sampled" slide mapped to the lowest key on my keyboard. This made it very convenient to "play" a slide as part of my bass lines. I had planned to switch to ModoBass as part of the new rig I'm building, but this one missing feature is preventing me from choosing ModoBass.

Does anyone have a 'work-around' for this?
Could the developers add a feature to ModoBass to map a "pre-recorded slide" or simulation to a key?

Thank you, - David
dbrendon

Next

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS