Official MODO Bass Wish List!

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: Official MODO Bass Wish List!

Postby arthurn » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:23 pm

Would be nice to be able to control the Open String with a key switch.
arthurn

Postby Skolarr77 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:38 pm

Would it be too much to ask to be able to assign CC knobs on my MIDI controller to parameters such as Volume, Tone, Bass, etc on the Electronics and Studio tabs? This feels like such a no-brainer to me I'm surprised that it wasn't already included (unless there's something I'm missing from the manual). Even Ezbass has this function. Why not MODO Bass???

Also, I would like to add my voice to the chorus asking for MODO Guitar. Hoping to see it arrive in 2023 . . .
Skolarr77

Postby idlee » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:54 pm

Allow for different tunnings lower ;)
idlee

Postby chlorinemist » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:44 pm

MPE support. Please!! MODO Bass with MPE would pair perfectly with a Linnstrument in particular, but also the Osmose and Seaboard. Particularly i’d like to assign the specific string models to their own respective MIDI channels. And to be able perform slides on one string without pitchshifting the open strings.

Currently this is a big gap in the market, there are currently no MPE-capable available bass instruments available whatsoever. If this was implemented MPE controller owners will be alll over MODO bass
chlorinemist

Postby timball72 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:39 pm

MODO Bass is crying out for MPE and string-per-channel support. It's currently limited by keyboard-based thinking, but could be awesome with MIDI guitar or grid-based MPE controllers (Linnstrument, Push 3, and others).
timball72

Postby manfex » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:03 pm

more realistic hand movement noises, the current ones are ok but nothing compared to sampled basses
manfex

Postby singermark@gmail.com » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:10 pm

Finding Presets using the current interface is inefficient.

I would love to be able to do two additional things:

1) Search for a preset by name

2) View presets BY MODEL, rather than just by style. I shouldn't have to go through endless sub-menus in search of a Hofner preset. (By the way, that Beatle thump would be great to add!)

I suggest this in ADDITION to the current methods, which also certainly have their uses.

Thank you!
singermark@gmail.com

Postby BarryLegg1980 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:15 am

not quite sure how to articulate this request / suggestion clearly so please bare with me;

i'd like some sort of simple / clean mode for using the instrument as the front-end for a regular Amplitube workflow, if that makes sense?

maybe i'm using it a dumb way but, right now i have to do a lot of hopping backwards and forwards between tweaking the instrument params and then the amplitube insert, and i'm never 100% sure if the instrument is correctly setup to give amplitube an input that doesn't have any kind of processing already in there - obvs i turn off any pedals and zero the 'amp' vol etc. but then i'm sort of not sure where i should be setting the DI vol...

basically i want to just have a button in MB which shuts off everything after the cable comes out of the guitar, and the only knobs i want to have to think about are the ones on the instrument itself.

presumably this mode would make the instrument a bit cheaper to run as well, right?

...and this is the point where someone replies and tells me i'm doing it wrong and there's been a mode for this since it was in beta :D
BarryLegg1980

Postby sitruss » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:59 pm

I'd like to +1 per-string custom tuning support. In my case here's why: I'm actually using MODO Bass as an accurate demo-creation tool rather than a production voice, meaning that I am arranging music to be played on my actual bass guitar. I am playing a 6 string bass that is not tuned standard, but rather like a Bass VI (standard EADGBE guitar tuning, but an octave lower). I also have used open and piccolo tunings in the past.

With MODO Bass currently, this means the fretboard note markers are wrong but more importantly that the highest notes cannot sound because high C is as far as it goes. This tuning limitation I have found to be very common with virtual guitar and bass plugins, but others have the excuse of being sample based as a limitation. A modeled bass should have complete tuning freedom since it doesn't have to worry about sample quality at different transpositions!

From a design standpoint I can imagine that the default key switch positions may obstruct expanding the upper range, but it also appears that the key switches in the bass side are leaving the whole -2 oct range unused, so maybe things could be shuffled around to free up more headroom?
sitruss

Previous

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS