Fret Noise Control

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Fret Noise Control

Postby arrand » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Could we please have a fret noise control for hammer-ons, similar to the Release and Slide noise controls? I find the metallic attack too much, particularly on the darker sounding basses with worn in strings played with fingers.
:-)
arrand

Re: Fret Noise Control

Postby arrand » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:11 pm

Just to further complicate things... I've just noticed that the metallic attack of the hammer-on (the sound of the string hitting the fret) is also present in descending intervals (pull-offs); a pull-off shouldn't sound the same as a hammer-on.
arrand

Postby puranon » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:10 pm

The solution is a MODO Bass 2.0 with a different VSTID running on the same license otherwise you break existing projects. Arturia does it all the time.

A 2.0 version would be the proper way to address Fret Noise Control, MPE support, user defined MIDI mapping and other minor improvements and corrections to 1.x

Same core audio engine, overhauled Interface.
puranon

Postby califran » Tue May 17, 2022 7:34 pm

I'm just starting with MODO Bass, and wondering whether this issue has been addressed.
califran

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 17, 2022 7:40 pm

Any issues should be reported to IK Support as they would work with you to see if there's an existing solution and if it needs to go to the developers they would submit any bugs/requests. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby califran » Tue May 17, 2022 8:00 pm

Thanks, will do.
califran

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS