Midi Receive Notes

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Midi Receive Notes

Postby gderreck » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:50 am

Greetings,

Hello from a newbie. Sorry. I have returned to music after a long hiatus. How things have changed in the last 20 years. I purchased Fl Studio and Modo Bass. Excellent product! I am using a GSI DMC-122, dual manual controller.

I installed and activate MB. It's in FL plugin database. Attached the vst to a project, inserted it into a mixer track. So far, so good. The difficulty is trying to limit Modo Bass to the lower keyboard. I am getting bass in both the upper and lower manuals.

In the controller, the upper manual is setup to transmit on channel 2, and the lower on channel 3. I have a split setup on the lower keyboard to transmit on channel 4.

In FL Studio, I set up the MB plugin to receive note information on channel 3 and then tried channel 4. To test, I set it up in channel 16. No matter what channel I set, I am getting response from Modo Bass on the upper manual as well as the lower.

There is no option in the plugin to setup a MIDI receive channel. Setting it up in FL Studio (as mentioned above) doesn't appear to do anything.

I am obviously missing something here. I would be grateful for any assistance, even if such assistance is just redirecting me to the right source for an answer.

Cheers,
Graham
gderreck

Re: Midi Receive Notes

Postby gderreck » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:06 pm

Am bumping my topic. I loaded BooBass in FL Studio. It is also playing on both keyboards, so it appears the answer is elsewhere. I would still like to know how one goes about setting up Modo Bass to accept note data on a given midi channel.

Thanks,
Graham
gderreck

Re: Midi Receive Notes

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 08, 2017 8:28 pm

Sorry to have missed this. You cannot specify the MIDI channel in the standalone (though you can choose a specific controller in the Audio/MIDI settings). Best way to achieve this would be to use MODO BASS as a plugin where you can specific the MIDI channel that triggers the track you have MODO BASS loaded into.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS