Installing into Documents folder

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Installing into Documents folder

Postby frankbell » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:38 am

New user of MODO Bass...like it so far, but it places some of its content in my Documents folder (macOS Sierra). Is there a way that I can put the presets, etc., somewhere else so I don't clutter that folder? I don't really consider what's in the folders to be documents...

Just being picky. Overall happy with the product.

Frank
frankbell

Re: Installing into Documents folder

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:34 pm

I think that that is a fixed location. And, no, I don't like it either when plug-in devs do that.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby frankbell » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:43 pm

I probably will do my research first before buying from these guys again.

I was about to decide on a new bass (I have a 2008 or 2008 American Precision Deluxe [active, with humbucking J] and figured this would allow me to "try" models in my mixes to see what I actually needed vs. what I actually wanted. Plus, I write a lot on GarageBand for iOS on my lunch hour, and sometimes I just want to mix in Logic rather than rerecord anything. The MODO is perfect to upgrade the bass.

Oh well. Grumble, grumble. By the way, I have an American Pro Jazz coming soon...

Frank
frankbell

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:00 pm

? That seems quite a change of view. Why not give MODO a good try-out? Having some of its contents in a particular folder does not get in the way.

Also, please raise a support request to let the devs know that you would much prefer the contents location to be selectable by the user.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby frankbell » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:47 pm

I probably will raise a support issue, just because it is annoying.

But...I play bass as well, so it was fortunate that I found out about MODO BASS. It helped me make a decision based on my recordings rather than my heart (I always wanted a Rick...and I will get one someday, but the complementary instrument for me is the Jazz). And, like I said, some of my demos are only keyboard-only (just as some are guitar and mandolin), so the MODO BASS is a good move for remixes of those tracks, because it does sound pretty darn good. It really depends on how and what I'm writing and how much time I have to get the idea down. Some of my demos are made on an iPad during my lunch hour!

For me, nothing beats the real thing, but for some stuff the real thing just isn't practical...thus I use Miroslav and similar. And IK sure has some good stuff.

Frank
frankbell

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS