HELP! How to use the sustain pedal as a keyswitch?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

HELP! How to use the sustain pedal as a keyswitch?

Postby harelben » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:10 pm

How to make the sustain pedal to function as a keyswitch controller ?
I need the sustain to activate the A-1 keyswitch "LET RING"
harelben

Re: HELP! How to use the sustain pedal as a keyswitch?

Postby jshep0102 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:48 pm

I'd like to be able to do this as well. I'm surprised there aren't more people wanting this.
jshep0102

Postby irabartley » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:00 pm

Well I'm with you on this. Just installed Modo Bass yesterday and for my use I need to be able to get the sustain. Being able to able to "Let Ring" with the sustain pedal would work for me. Seems obvious to me that you need this ability.
irabartley

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:23 pm

Currently "Let Ring" is a keyswitch, as sustain pedal (MIDI CC 64) is used by default to control the Legato Slide feature (which is very cool if you have not tried it).

I will relay the request to make Let Ring controllable by sustain pedal or even to be variable like other functions in the "Control" section.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby irabartley » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:07 pm

Hi,
It's good to see that these comments are monitored. I love the sound of the basses in this product. For my use I have to do a lot of split keyboard with bass in the left hand. I need to be able to do sustain with the sustain pedal. Don't have a spare hand to engage it from the keyboard. I hope this able to be implemented in an update soon.
irabartley

Postby scottep8 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:36 am

Just got Modo Bass and am loving the sound. But I too would like to be able to make the 'let ring' keyswitch be the sustain pedal. Has there been any progress with this feature?
scottep8

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS