MODO BASS: A new level of realism

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: MODO: Get ready for a new level of realism

Postby ondomaler » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:49 pm

I was just about to hit the pre-order button when I found out (from this thread) about the absence of fretless settings/modes for any of the modeled basses. What a deal breaker! It seems that I'll be waiting till V2 or V3 that features a button that turns any given model into a fretless version.
ondomaler

Postby robinj » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:41 am

What is the maximum number of strings? Is it only 4 and 5 string basses or can you have 6 string basses, etc?

(Edit) Answered my own question - only 4 and 5 strings
robinj

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:52 pm

Adding fretless options is not a trivial task, so that feature request has been relayed and is a possibility for a future version.

The basses are available in 4- or 5-string versions, with the 4-string setting able to be set to drop D tuning.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby robinj » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:12 pm

Can I add a request for two more features?

1. Greater variety of picking styles (in 4/4 time I usually play three downstrokes, followed by an upstroke, and in 3/4 time you either have to do two downstrokes followed by an upstroke or down/up/down down/up/down. Playing alternate strokes in 3/4 sounds weird, you lose the dynamics of the time signature.)

2. A six string bass model.
robinj

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:28 pm

robinj wrote:Can I add a request for two more features?

1. Greater variety of picking styles (in 4/4 time I usually play three downstrokes, followed by an upstroke, and in 3/4 time you either have to do two downstrokes followed by an upstroke or down/up/down down/up/down. Playing alternate strokes in 3/4 sounds weird, you lose the dynamics of the time signature.)

2. A six string bass model.

1. There are currently keyswitches for up and down stroke which would allow you to control this (overriding the initial setting you choose between alternate, up, or down stroke picking).

2. This request has been relayed to the team.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby robinj » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:06 pm

It looks like I no longer have any reason not to pre-order!
robinj

Postby aaronaardvark » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:56 am

Modobass sounds impressive, though how do I know it will work with my iMac with OSX 10.9 and my Cubase AI8? Is there a demo version of the software?

In the future, if you had a Chapman Stick (like Tony Levin plays), that would be really cool.
aaronaardvark

Postby deanesque » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:46 am

In the future, if you had a Chapman Stick (like Tony Levin plays), that would be really cool.[/quote]

That would be sweet!
deanesque

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:46 am

aaronaardvark wrote:Modobass sounds impressive, though how do I know it will work with my iMac with OSX 10.9 and my Cubase AI8? Is there a demo version of the software?

In the future, if you had a Chapman Stick (like Tony Levin plays), that would be really cool.

There will be a demo available once MODO BASS is released. We also have published specs on our web site, so if you are running a compatible system and 64-bit DAW that supports the plugin formats in which MODO BASS is available, it will work. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby deanesque » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:51 pm

I pre-ordered and am anxiously waiting. IKM has done some great work over the years and I thinks this is going to be one of their finer moments. :D
deanesque

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:04 pm

deanesque wrote:I pre-ordered and am anxiously waiting. IKM has done some great work over the years and I thinks this is going to be one of their finer moments. :D

Great to hear! It really is cool, I've been amazed by MODO BASS since I first tried it.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:05 am

We have posted a couple of new video demos on our YouTube channel. Here's one about the Pick play style:
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Moduler » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:33 pm

Looks really cool!
Can I control this low latency with a guitar?
Moduler

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:53 pm

Moduler wrote:Looks really cool!
Can I control this low latency with a guitar?

It would need to be a MIDI controller, so there would be any latency/tracking issues associated with using a guitar-to-MIDI controller.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby glpsfass » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:25 pm

Can entering notes be done by hand through a staff (so I can change note durations like 8th, 16th, dotted 8th, etc.), or do you need a midi controller/keyboard to do that?
glpsfass

PreviousNext

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS