iRig Recorder, IK’s First Android™ App, Now Available!

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig Recorder, IK’s First Android™ App, Now Available!

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:08 pm

iRig Recorder, IK’s First Android™ App, Now Available on Google Play™

Make great recordings anywhere on Android

With over 10 million downloads on the iOS platform, it’s time we bring the joy of making music and audio recording to the Android users. We proudly announce the first IK Android App, iRig Recorder, now available on the Google Play Store app. iRig Recorder is a powerful audio-recording app that turns any mobile Android device into a professional field recorder, and makes it easy to capture interviews, music performances, rehearsals, lectures, and more.

Check out the video.

Listen to some audio demos.

iRig Recorder for Android is a free app and provides Android phone and tablet users with recording, multiple effects, and sharing features. It’s a powerful yet simple audio-capture app that can be expanded via in-app purchase to include waveform editing and additional effects processing.

Designed for ease of use and packed with real-world useful features, iRig Recorder is a simple yet powerful recording and audio-processing app that works with Android compatible IK accessories like the iRig MIC, iRig MIC Cast and iRig PRE as well as other compatible input devices.

Features:
  • No set up required – just launch the app and hit record
  • Auto record feature – the recording immediately starts as soon as the app is launched to catch the moment
  • No recording time limit – the recording time is determined by the available space on your device
  • Recordings are automatically grouped by recording date and tagged with geo location info for quick locating
  • Extremely easy to use – simple editing lets you cut and crop your recordings
  • Non-destructive editing – the original recording file is always kept as a backup
  • Export your files in OGG compressed format and WAV uncompressed format
  • Files can be sent via E-Mail, FTP upload, Bluetooth, copying from the phone via USB cables or from SD card or shared and stored via apps installed on the device
  • High-quality audio processors automatically optimize levels and tone

Available Automatic Audio Processors
  • Optimize Volume: automatically adjusts for optimal volume
  • Optimize Tone: automatically adjusts for optimal equalization
  • Cleanup: automatically cleans up the background noise in recordings
  • Brighten Voice: automatically increases clarity of speech and vocals
  • Smooth Voice: automatically smooths harsh or overly bright vocals
  • Speed Up: decreases the duration of the recording without altering its pitch
  • Slow Down: increases the duration of the recording without altering its pitch
  • Pitch Shift: raises or lowers the pitch of the recording without changing duration
  • Pitch and time-based effects let you change the speed of your recordings (without affecting pitch) to adapt your audio content to other media such as video, and change the pitch of your recordings without affecting the duration

Price and Availability

iRig Recorder is available now on the Google Play Store app for FREE. Editing, and additional effects processing can be added via in-app purchase for only $4.99/€4.49.

More Resources:
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: iRig Recorder, IK’s First Android™ App, Now Available!

Postby Rafael7990 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:03 am

Greetings. ( With iRig Pre) I use an android phone. Groupings Recording audio from a console. Before using a laptop. And I'm very happy with the results.
Rafael7990

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:05 pm

Rafael7990 wrote:Greetings. ( With iRig Pre) I use an android phone. Groupings Recording audio from a console. Before using a laptop. And I'm very happy with the results.

Awesome! Glad to hear it!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby allandbyallo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:18 am

aren't phone inputs all mono? this is a mono field recording tool?
allandbyallo

Postby rpinon69 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:22 am

Just a thank you for getting this to the Android platform! I have purchased all the extras and have been using but I have one question. If I am getting choppy play back what could be the issue?
Why So Serious?
rpinon69

Postby khushalbhadra » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:24 am

Thanks guys for this. However Peter are we working on iRig for Guitars on Android. This is something we are all looking forward to. I am sure its in the works.
khushalbhadra

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:26 pm

khushalbhadra wrote:Thanks guys for this. However Peter are we working on iRig for Guitars on Android. This is something we are all looking forward to. I am sure its in the works.

Once there is more progress on the audio latency issue AmpliTube could be developed but right now we are seeing progress but not 100% to where we could release AmpliTube on Android (yet).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby don1thedon » Wed May 01, 2013 10:39 am

rpinon69 wrote:Just a thank you for getting this to the Android platform! I have purchased all the extras and have been using but I have one question. If I am getting choppy play back what could be the issue?

Same here, not a great deal of experience of audio on android, any suggestions o improve because the features look fab.
don1thedon

Postby iriguser » Mon May 06, 2013 4:44 pm

Hello!

I installed the iRig Recorder Free, version 1.1.1.

The recording quality is amazing good with my Sony Xperia J/ST26i using .wav files, 16 Bit, 44.1 kHz, mono, but I miss a scale for the level in dB. Have you forgotten that?

The app has as access to the GPS Location Service. But how does iRig Recorder use GPS? There is no GPS status.
iriguser

Postby Obitheincredible » Mon May 06, 2013 6:09 pm

You can use iRig Recorder as a field recorder. So when you have it on and record something in the field, your data file will also have the GPS coordinates in the file. Much like it works with photos on mobile devices.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby iriguser » Mon May 06, 2013 6:19 pm

obitheincredible wrote:You can use iRig Recorder as a field recorder. So when you have it on and record something in the field, your data file will also have the GPS coordinates in the file. Much like it works with photos on mobile devices.

Thank you for your reply, obitheincredible.

I have expected what you described but I haven't found any GPS data in my .wav files up to now.

If I start iRig Recorder the GPS Icon is shown, means that the phone is searching for GPS, but the app doesn't get any data.

Do you have GPS meta data in your .wav files?
iriguser

Postby Obitheincredible » Tue May 07, 2013 4:35 pm

I have checked with support and the GPS data is recorded in app. Not embedded in the Meta Data. A lot of times if the GPS icon is still flashing it is still finding a location.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby iriguser » Tue May 07, 2013 5:34 pm

obitheincredible wrote:I have checked with support and the GPS data is recorded in app.

Thank you very much.

The app shows the location (city and country) of recordings in version 1.1.1.
iriguser

Postby Obitheincredible » Tue May 07, 2013 8:01 pm

Anytime. :)
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby Stoobie_Land » Wed May 08, 2013 12:03 am

Hello!

My iRig Pre arrived today for use with a Samsung Galaxy S2 running Cyanogenmod 10. It sort-of works, but I am getting terrible echo and I don't think it has anything to do with the mic picking up the headphones. I think it just loops around. Is this the latency issue rearing its ugly head?

Stoobie_Land
Stoobie_Land

Next

Return to Android Apps & Accessories