Bought iRig Pro I/O as used item, no serial number included

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Bought iRig Pro I/O as used item, no serial number included

Postby VeronicaVH4 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:29 am

That's it.
I'm from Argentina, and bought a second-hand iRig pro I/O with the intention to use it exclusively with Android mobiles.
I have A Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime (8.0.1), and a LG Q6 (7.1.1).
Also I have Windows 10, and AFAIK, IK developed Windows drivers, but my intention of use is only with mobiles.

I didn't found any ''IK'' app in the Google Play Store, nor the Samsung Galaxy Store.

In all instances, to download the Windows drivers, both the IK website and the IK Product Manager asks me for a ''serial number'', which I fairly undertand it ''should'' be in the packaging, a card or a label sticked to the bag with the SN printed.

I'm telling the guy who sold it to me that:
• plugging the iRig to the phone via the lightning/usb cable doesn't turns on the device.
• the device doesn't turns on with batteries (new ones of course).
• it only turns on when plugging it to Windows (blue light), but with not the proper drivers (as stated before, serial number required). I can't use it this way.

He replied telling that he never registered it, and never used an app, and never received an email with serial numbers or anything. In the packaging he sent to me, there is not the white, full of color imagery that you see online, only the black one, with the mini-book attached to the frontal side describing all the IK hardware/apps, etc.
In any case, he didn't delivered something like this:

I'm not an iOS user, never had one iOS device, I can't tell how it is to use any iRig or similar device with an Apple device. Only used Windows, Android, and non-IK devices like Line 6, Presonus, Focusrite, etc.

Anyone can tell me what the real situation is?
VeronicaVH4

Re: Bought iRig Pro I/O as used item, no serial number inclu

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:59 pm

Hi sorry to hear you are having trouble. A situation like this should be handled by IK Support via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw (you don't have to enter a serial number in the form you can just put "not available" or similar there) and they will see what they can do for you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby VeronicaVH4 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:55 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Hi sorry to hear you are having trouble. A situation like this should be handled by IK Support via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw (you don't have to enter a serial number in the form you can just put "not available" or similar there) and they will see what they can do for you.

Hi Peter, thanks for replying, I created a support ticket days ago and had no answers. Just an email asking for more details, if needed. So I replied with more details and that's it. No more answers.
I sent a link of one of your posts where you state that SAPA (Samsung Pro Audio) wasn't supported/developed anymore, so Android users should use iRIG UA instead.

I must say that in the Google Play Store, there's nothing related to IK Multimedia. So....where we are suposed to download/acquire the Amplitube app to play with the iRig?
I know there are Amplitube Free APK's on some unofficial sites, that aren't necessarily pirated or cracked, but old versions of those who once were in the Store. They don't work, I tried that one to see what happens, and nope. Then, the Amplitube UA, also, doesn't recognize anything. It's like installing ghost apps.

I have Android 8.0.1, and a 7.1.1.

The experience for Android users is super confusing, with lots of errors and crashes, apps close or freeze, etc.
OTOH, iOS users report not having a single problem with iRig's and the apps...''I just plug it to my iPhone and start to play and record''.

An abysss of difference, huh?
Should I open another ticket?
VeronicaVH4

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:01 am

Please reply to your ticket to bump it. If you provide your ticket number here I can send it to the team.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:10 am

Also note that AmpliTube UA was made to run on iRIg UA only since it ran directly on the hardware but the app and interface are discontinued. Note that iRig Pro I/O will work as an audio interface on Android but we no longer have AmpliTube listed on the Android store. You'd want to use iRig Pro I/O as an audio interface for Android audio apps from other companies.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby VeronicaVH4 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:23 am

Peter_IK wrote:Please reply to your ticket to bump it. If you provide your ticket number here I can send it to the team.

Thank you again, but I decided to not bother anymore. Nothing, absolutely nothing works, Deplike and similar apps, they don't even recognize the device.

I'll try to return the product to the seller, which was reluctant for a refund since a week and it's dodging my attempts to get my money back.
I give up on playing guitar with a phone forever in my life, and I'll never buy an iPhone/iPad to be able to.

Thank you for your disposition.
VeronicaVH4

Return to Android Apps & Accessories