No free content included with iRig Pro Duo I/O for Android?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

No free content included with iRig Pro Duo I/O for Android?

Postby Kiuune01 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:16 pm

Hello,

Summary:

I can't download the free content included with the iRig Pro Duo I/O on my Android tablet (Xiaomi Pad 5). I can't find the apps on the Play Store and I can't download them from the IK Multimedia website either.

All the free content included with the iRig Pro Duo I/O is only available for iPhone/iPad and Mac/Windows, hence the overall "mobile production" purpose of this audio interface is thrown to the trash unless I get an Apple device, since any interface works fine with desktop computers and laptops and the free content that would make music production easier is completely missing for Android devices.

I need help so that I can download that free content, or at least have free alternatives to the apps iOS/Windows users get for free for buying this audio interface.

Original text:

I recently bought one iRig Pro Duo I/O to make music on my Android tablet, lead by all the reviews and product descriptions saying this interface comes with a lot of free content that could be used on any device. It was so disappointing to find out that there is no free content included for Android users, only for iPhone/iPad, Mac and Windows. It's outrageous that everyone gets free content but customers with Android devices get nothing.

I sent an email to Support but I got no answer, I've searched all through IK Multimedia website to find how to download that free content but I found nothing, all links lead to iPhone/iPad/Mac/Windows apps. I searched on the Play Store and the only apps I could download for free on Android are iRig Recorder 3 and Amplitube UA, both of them are completely useless because the iRig Recorder 3 has almost zero functionality unless I buy in-app features, and the Amplitube UA is empty and does not include a single amp preset unless I buy them on the in-app store aswell. I registered my iRig Pro Duo I/O with its serial number in my IK Multimedia account and in those apps and I didn't unlock any additional software.

There is no Amplitube CS for Android, there is no SampleTank for Android, there is no nothing for Android, and it's so disappointing because every description I read before buying this interface talks wonders regarding all the free content I would get and I could use on my tablet, but turns out there is absolutely nothing for Android users, while there is plenty of free content for iPhone/iPad/Mac/Windows (I doubt an iPad user lacks money to buy that content separately).

I feel cheated, first of all because none of the descriptions and articles I read before buying the iRig Pro Duo I/O specified that all that free content is not available for Android devices, and second of all because I simply can't understand why there is such plenty of free content for every platform but not a single free useful app for Android.

I want someone to clarify this to me, so that I can either download the free content (or free alternatives) or return my audio interface and get a cheaper one, since one reason I decided to spend more money on this audio interface is the free content I was supposed to get on my Android tablet.

Thank you beforehand.
Kiuune01

Re: No free content included with iRig Pro Duo I/O for Andro

Postby Otuon-ofc1 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:54 am

I literally just for my iRig stream as well and noticed the app is practically useless since I do not have access to any of the main functions as an Android user. This is quite pathetic.
Otuon-ofc1

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:24 pm

Otuon-ofc1 wrote:...I do not have access to any of the main functions as an Android user...

The unit should work as an audio interface noting that the iRig Pro Duo I/O Specs page lists Android requirements, but there wouldn't be bonus apps for Android available since we do not have the equivalent apps available on Android. Since iRig Pro Duo I/O should work as an audio interface on your Android device, you should be able to use it with existing audio apps on Android.

If you have contacted support please let me know your ticket number, and if you have not they can help you out directly to see what will and will not work on Android.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby BertSchirris28-2-61 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:20 pm

Here the same. I just bought the irig quattro to produce music with n-track on a android phone. They promised that ik would work. But its NOT working. The noise is terrible.
What app or DAW will work for producing music on android?
Please help. It looklikes a fine interface, but if it is not working, i have to bring it back:(

Bert S.
BertSchirris28-2-61

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 11, 2023 4:40 pm

BertSchirris28-2-61 wrote:Here the same. I just bought the irig quattro to produce music with n-track on a android phone. They promised that ik would work. But its NOT working. The noise is terrible.
What app or DAW will work for producing music on android?
Please help. It looklikes a fine interface, but if it is not working, i have to bring it back:(

Bert S.

IK Support can assist you to get you up and running.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Android Apps & Accessories